Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2016 10:35:27 PM EDT

hello guys and gals,

I was wondering if any one has used the act alg combat trigger ?

I am working on a new ar build and want to try out a new trigger

with out spending to much I am thinking around $80 dollars, this would be

my first trigger upgrade I only have mil spec parts in my ar 15s.

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
wrong forum....but Id spend an extra 40 and get the larue MBT.

I only have Geissles right now, but I might try the Larue they next time Im in the market.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in my 605. Love it. Picked it up used as I did with another one I still have stashed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I have used the ALG in a build per Morg308 recommendation. Like it a lot. Bought another when they were on sale recently for an ongoing build
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wrong forum....but Id spend an extra 40 and get the larue MBT.

I only have Geissles right now, but I might try the Larue they next time Im in the market.
View Quote

MBTs rock. All my ARs are getting them.
All the dillo dust is a mere bonus
That stuff is the bees knees on a burger
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are shopping for an upgraded trigger in the $80 range that won't look out of place on a retro, check out the Hiperfire EDT.
I have one in my xm177e2 and love it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been kicking around the idea of getting updated triggers for some of my AR's. Was looking at possibly getting one for my 604, but it would have to be stock appearance.
The other AR's not so much, but then I just go overwhelmed trying to figure things out. Lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I had one & returned it--didn't work right in my old Bushie--fired, jammed & removed.

The company refunded my money.

Geissele is a better choice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had one & returned it--didn't work right in my old Bushie--fired, jammed & removed.

The company refunded my money.

Geissele is a better choice.
View Quote

Which one? There are multiple non-Geissele triggers referenced in this thread.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry: Basic, bottom line ALG didn't work.

Geissele SSA works great for me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]

so guys things have changed, I was able to try out the battle trigger and was not

so impressed, I was impressed by the cmc flat trigger though any thoughts on

a single stage trigger around 3-4 pounds pull ?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the QMS in my 601 build because the ACTs electroless finish would have been a little too "disco" for a retro build.  a good armorer can replicate a ALG trigger but a bad one can ruin parts, so that is what makes ALG a safe bet for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the QMS in my 601 build because the ACTs electroless finish would have been a little too "disco" for a retro build.  a good armorer can replicate a ALG trigger but a bad one can ruin parts, so that is what makes ALG a safe bet for a reasonable price.
View Quote

Too disco? I understand, but I've become more result oriented lately... Besides, it matches the chrome bolt carrier.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
What silver trigger? All I see is one bad ass 605!
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:18:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I guess if it ever starts to bug you there's always the good ol fashioned black sharpee

I finished my 605 with the Nodak partial fence that came in off of backorder but my pics are awful grainy or I'd post it.  The trigger was one I found in my tool box, most likely the one that was finally replaced in my AR varminter with a J P adjustable one to match the ultra light J P hammer.  if the OP is looking for a crazy light trigger pull but still looks externally stock/retro, that might be a good way to go or Gisele
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:23:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice 605 BTW!

Speaking of shiny, PSA has their EPT set on sale this weekend for 30 bucks, so I was thinking of giving them a try too

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nice 605 BTW!

Speaking of shiny, PSA has their EPT set on sale this weekend for 30 bucks, so I was thinking of giving them a try too

View Quote

I have had nothing but good experiences with PSA. I just bought a BCG, and my funds are limited, or I'd try one. Definitely will look into it for a friend - I'm building him his first AR.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I had an ACT and really liked it, but I gave it to my dad and bought a Geissele SSA.

Worth every cent. I also have one of BCMs latest offerings, but I haven't tried it yet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 3:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top