Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2016 1:54:50 PM EDT
I just missed this one. Fist time i have ever seen a sniper variant for sale. Very jealous even if it is a re weld.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/573588763

Best of luck to the winner
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn 12K, thasa lotta money!  I'm no expert, was that a good deal? or was it on the high side?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#2]
If someone made a mostly accurate reproduction of the Portuguese variant for less than two grand, I'd injure myself whipping my credit card out.

I know, I'm a dreamer.

Very cool to see a sniper model for sale.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on, at least hot link for us lazy lookyloos on a tablet
http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/573588763/BidHistory
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, seems like crazy money. If you go 4 k on the base rifle then the scope and bipod premiums would have to be 4k each. Upper doesn't look right, carry handle ears appear to have been heavily filed when they should have a normal profile. Hope the buyer is truly happy, I know the seller is!!

ETA, It has been brought to my attention and after some picture study I am wrong about the profile of the carry handle, it appears to be correct.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, seems like crazy money. If you go 4 k on the base rifle then the scope and bipod premiums would have to be 4k each. Upper doesn't look right, carry handle ears appear to have been heavily filed when they should have a normal profile. Hope the buyer is truly happy, I know the seller is!!

ETA, It has been brought to my attention and after some picture study I am wrong about the profile of the carry handle, it appears to be correct.

View Quote

Shit is crazy all over. I saw a guy pay $210 for a GM charging handle on Sunday night.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shit is crazy all over. I saw a guy pay $210 for a GM charging handle on Sunday night.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just watched a Luger sell on Gun Broker for $8600 that could be picked up at any military show for under $4000
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:42:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw one a lot like that in 2006ish at Chantilly gunshow for 1650. it went quick Saturday morning had a burned out barrel and included the bipod mag and bayonet. it also looked like hell and 308 was 90 a 1000 bulk then so I was temped. I love ugly worn guns like that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:20:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Compared to art or collectors cars, even the highest-dollar guns are very cheap.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:31:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Not sure the wife would see it that same way. ;)
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn.  The buyer certainly could've pried mine out of my hands for that!
Unfortunately, mine doesn't have that same rollmark.  I'm curious how much of a premium the "re-weld" brought.

Definitely a rare bird, though.  Even at that price, I'm betting someone is very excited to add it to the collection!
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I worked for the company that did that rifle, it was made in 1985.  The parts kits were imported into Canada, and de-milled in accordance with Canadian law which was "cut into at least two pieces".  We band saw cut them just behind the magazine well, then brought in "the parts" to the US, where we had them re-welded.  We made a small number of them, and this is the first time I've seen one since we did them.  Surprised those are going for 12k.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#12]

corrected hot link ....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/573588763

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 8:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for posting that. Got a nice set of laminated Russian AK74 wood for my pre 89 AK74 clone (and reconnected with someone I hadn't spoken with in 15 + years).
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top