Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2016 10:49:02 PM EDT
John created a masterpiece for me.  Always wanted one, and since the silly communist state i am in would probably balk at my
recreation of a HydroMatic (my first issue M16) this one tooks its place.

Thank you John, its brothers are still wrapped up!

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:55:47 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL that is great!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats awesome

Thank you for your service CaliRN!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a couple of Braceman lowers in the mail...so thanks from me, as well!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
OK! I want one. maybe two of them.

I have enough spare parts to build them.

That is such a good idea.

I have seen it before but, I didn't know anyone was making them.

Thanks for the picture and the post.

Ron

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#8]

I really like the Mattel Lower Receiver, I've been thinking about asking Braceman to do one for me also.

But, I have a question for you, or anyone in your state,,,,

With the New COMMIE-FORNIA Anti AR15 Laws, Does that make everyone in your state that has an AR, now a Criminal ???

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Very cool and these are always fun inside jokes. I thought about using Marauder in place of the Commando marking as well. Then it would match the toy poster.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#10]
needs no brap - brap - Braaaap
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks familiar...I did mine to mess with the silly California OLL laws...lots of fun at the range.

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

</a>" />
View Quote

That Floorplate Engraving looks phenomenal !!!

Great final touch !!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#13]

fastswift, how do your receivers hold up to the NEW ANTI-AR15 LAW's ???

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:33:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That top one is by far the best one I have seen. Even has the Barrrrr... Great job on that.

Maybe a serial number, "copyright 1968" or whatever year it is on the poster.

I just looked it up, 1966. It is a partial fence lower with a three prong. It had a sticker on the right side of the stock as well...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

We've got until January 1st, 2017 to assemble all of the AR15's with evil features that we can. After that, no more AR's, unless they have either a fixed magazine (bullet button no longer counts) or no evil features. Basically, the only thing that the new laws really did was state that a "bullet button" was no longer a valid way to make a fixed magazine.

For all of those people who currently have a bullet buttoned AR15 that was purchased or built prior to 1/1/2017, they are re-opening the Assault Weapon Registry. We will need to register our bullet buttoned rifles by 2018.

80% rifles will need to either be marked with the appropriate info (Maker, location, serial number....) to be added to the registry, or they will need to be built in a configuration that does not qualify them as an assault rifle (either a fixed magazine or "featureless", which means no flash hider, pistol grip, collapsible stock, etc...)

While the changes to the laws regarding rifles certainly sucks, the new legislation regarding ammo sales is the true "kick in the nuts" to the California residents.
Basically, no online ammo sales direct to customer. All sales of ammo must go through a licensed "ammunition dealer" in a face to face transaction. A freaking background check and permission card to buy ammo!

My immediate plan is to build as many rifles and buy as much ammo as possible before the laws go into effect.
The long term plan is to escape this state and move to the USA.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll thank John as well.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are like any other AR variant and possibility worse if Brown signs the law saying all 80's need state issued serial numbers. I absolutely will not register or remark with new serial numbers any of my retro guns, or any of my other 80% lowers.  Currently looking at vacation homes out of state where I can install a big assed safe and retreat over long weekends.

I have one commercial lower and I might - key word being might -  register it just so I can keep one here and shoot it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like the 8th Special Forces used them in '68?

" />
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

While the changes to the laws regarding rifles certainly sucks, the new legislation regarding ammo sales is the true "kick in the nuts" to the California residents.
Basically, no online ammo sales direct to customer. All sales of ammo must go through a licensed "ammunition dealer" in a face to face transaction. A freaking background check and permission card to buy ammo!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look into getting a COE and 03 (C&R) FFL. Those exempt you from having to go thru a dealer for out state sales. Or buy a Dillon/RCBS/Hornady press and learn how to reload
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Look into getting a COE and 03 (C&R) FFL. Those exempt you from having to go thru a dealer for out state sales. Or buy a Dillon/RCBS/Hornady press and learn how to reload
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting idea....I don't know if it will work with ammo though. I heard they will making gun stores apply for an authorized ammunition dealer license (or something to that effect).

Learning to reload is next on my list I've already got an RCBS Rock Chucker, powder measure, and a an old copy of the Lyman Reloading Handbook (I think it's the 46th or 47th edition). Also been collecting my brass for the past two years.
Just need to get the rest of the kit and sit down and figure it all out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]
my take on it.

ready to fling lead

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey hotdog250j -  out of all the Mattel lowers I have seen (and I think mine were the first John engraved) yours is the most fitting. This is one case where a polymer lower supersedes aluminum.   Neat build.

Quoted:
my take on it.

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/Matel%20.22%20lower%20006_zps2ttd0lph.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/Matel%20.22%20lower%20006_zps2ttd0lph.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/Matel20.2220lower20004_zpsff9skoe6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/Matel20.2220lower20004_zpsff9skoe6.jpg</a>

ready to fling lead

<a href="http://s367.photobucket.com/user/hotdogit250/media/ulw22donekinda_zpsd3fde697.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo119/hotdogit250/ulw22donekinda_zpsd3fde697.jpg</a>

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#23]
What is the best way to get in contact with braceman?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#24]
a searchlight on the clouds of Gotham... no, different "B".

[email protected]

or find a posting here and click IM or E Mail user.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks like the 8th Special Forces used them in '68?
View Quote

37thguy, any idea where this shot was taken? Doesn't looks like Gulick.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top