Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2016 11:57:59 AM EDT
Hey all,, anyone know where to get A1 rear sight kits?
Seems all the usual sources have dried up.

Thanks for the help!
Aaron
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565000298
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I asked a few weeks ago and Windham Weaponry has them in stock - you just have to give them a call to order  as they are not on the website.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone on ebay has them but there price seems to climb every time they sell some. about 2 months ago the price was less.. now its like 60$.
(40 to 60 buck jump just checked the history)...............
Makes me hesitant and want to hoard all mine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Aaron call Bushmaster.  They were supposed to have them available in May.  As far as I know they bought DPMS tooling or such.  Think new part number is going to be F1003282 and was supposedly going to retail under $15.  If that fails send me an IM.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
NOS USGI from Amherst Depot for $35.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/567694312

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Someone on ebay has them but there price seems to climb every time they sell some. about 2 months ago the price was less.. now its like 60$.

(40 to 60 buck jump just checked the history)...............

Makes me hesitant and want to hoard all mine.
View Quote

Interesting. The seller on eBay who has them for $60 something has a very similar name to someone who is buying a number of them for $35 from Amherst on Gunbroker.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know if these are loose ? Or sealed in USGI wrapper ?

The ones from Amherst
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The ones from Amherst
View Quote

Mine arrived today and they're sealed in wrapper.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones from Amherst

Thank You Sir
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Aaron call Bushmaster.  They were supposed to have them available in May.  As far as I know they bought DPMS tooling or such.  Think new part number is going to be F1003282 and was supposedly going to retail under $15.  If that fails send me an IM.
View Quote

Thanks bud I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry took me a while to check in .... Hectic day.
Thanks everybody for the help, and for privatesnafu for hooking me up
With a few sets.

What's the deal with these becoming hard to get?
Never had a issue finding sets before
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Same retro deal as always.  Patience.  Hard to get today, market flooded tomorrow.  Early stuff is scarce and pricey but the rest or stuff they made millions of and are still making in many instances isn't that hard to find in a timely manor.  Especially when one considers generally waiting a 6 month minimum for a NDS top flight retro lower receiver. Should be able to gather most everything else in same time frame less the low production stuff.

$60 for an A-1 sight assembly NOS or not, one would need pretty bad.  Same token,  $60 for an authentic  601 windage drum would be a deal and has been for quite some time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered two from Amhurst, both in sealed package, I am pleased with them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same retro deal as always.  Patience.  Hard to get today, market flooded tomorrow.  Early stuff is scarce and pricey but the rest or stuff they made millions of and are still making in many instances isn't that hard to find in a timely manor.  Especially when one considers generally waiting a 6 month minimum for a NDS top flight retro lower receiver. Should be able to gather most everything else in same time frame less the low production stuff.

$60 for an A-1 sight assembly NOS or not, one would need pretty bad.  Same token,  $60 for an authentic  601 windage drum would be a deal and has been for quite some time.
View Quote

Ya your right. I took a little retro break to finish some more modern parts,
So I got a little used to everything being a click away, in stock.
Some retro parts are always hard to get but sight kits are usually
Easy to get. Oh well... That's the fun of retro... The hunt.

The problem is I have the sight wheels just can't find the detent
And roll pin, just easier to buy a whole kit
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm getting too old for the hunt   10 years ago it seemed like most uppers on the market had a port door, rear sight and FA.  Now most seemed to be sold stripped or parted out.
Could be a lot of folks have been buying sights over the recent years to complete the stripped uppers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have the exact opposite problem I did. I have everything BUT the windage wheel, so I bought a few whole kits instead!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Aaron.

Roll pin for windage drum is same / similar dimension as modern charging handle latch roll pin and works fine.  Sarco had a bunch of detents a while back but lacked the other pieces.  Same multi shipping expense BS.  Am curious if Bushmaster has geared up A-1 sight production to date.  Once they start production Brownells and all BM's parts vendors are going to have plenty at their disposal.  Should be the same as obsolete now DPMS with same plane aperture.  

After getting not the best deal / condition sight parts from Indiana Surplus I was able to locate a couple surplus sets locally at funshow in a SP-1 spare parts bin.  Hopefully have enough to last through my existence. Does blow when assembling and missing a couple small parts to complete.  I pretty much let my parts bins dwindle to nothing but have replaced enough parts to do a couple / few builds without having to outsource. Carbine gas tubes always hold me up regardless of how many I purchase or so it seems.  It's one of my RRA every purchase items.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Just seen one in the EE, minus the aperture.

ETA link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1562734_Misc_USGI___Colt___HK_Parts.html
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Numrich has some A1 rear parts but not the windage drums.

Nodak has 10-hole drums and detents reasonably priced. Call and talk to Harlan as they are not listed separately on the website.

($40 a set from Amherst is looking like a bargain compared to $60+shipping on eBay.)

Good luck!  

Quoted:

You have the exact opposite problem I did. I have everything BUT the windage wheel, so I bought a few whole kits instead!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm getting too old for the hunt   10 years ago it seemed like most uppers on the market had a port door, rear sight and FA.  Now most seemed to be sold stripped or parted out.
Could be a lot of folks have been buying sights over the recent years to complete the stripped uppers.
View Quote

Ya.... Wasn't long ago complete uppers were 100$.
Now stripped lowers go for 150$ -ish.
I guess sellers realized you can make more money parting it out .
Can't blame them I guess,,, but it's annoying .
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Aaron.

Roll pin for windage drum is same / similar dimension as modern charging handle latch roll pin and works fine.  Sarco had a bunch of detents a while back but lacked the other pieces.  Same multi shipping expense BS.  Am curious if Bushmaster has geared up A-1 sight production to date.  Once they start production Brownells and all BM's parts vendors are going to have plenty at their disposal.  Should be the same as obsolete now DPMS with same plane aperture.  

After getting not the best deal / condition sight parts from Indiana Surplus I was able to locate a couple surplus sets locally at funshow in a SP-1 spare parts bin.  Hopefully have enough to last through my existence. Does blow when assembling and missing a couple small parts to complete.  I pretty much let my parts bins dwindle to nothing but have replaced enough parts to do a couple / few builds without having to outsource. Carbine gas tubes always hold me up regardless of how many I purchase or so it seems.  It's one of my RRA every purchase items.
View Quote

Ya nothing drives me more nuts then missing some small detent or spring that I was sure I ordered.
And nobody has anything local,,, especially A1. And the knife in the wound is the 6$ shipping
For the 1$ detent
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nodak has 10-hole drums and detents reasonably priced. Call and talk to Harlan as they are not listed separately on the website.

($40 a set from Amherst is looking like a bargain compared to $60+shipping on eBay.)

Good luck!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good luck!  

Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought two of the sets from Amherst but unfortunately one of the windage drums was machined wrong and isn't useable.  You could see it right through the package but I'm sure no one looks before shipping.  My buddy bought some sets from them and one of his had a poorly machined windage drum as well.  He tried contacting them about it but no go on replacement.  Fortunately I had some windage drums on back order from Brownells and three actually shipped out unexpectedly and already showed up this week.  I figured I'd never see those come through on a back order.  I actually forgot about even having them on back order.  Worked out good I had one to replace the bad one from my Amherst set, one for my buddy's Amherst set, and an extra for a spare
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#24]
He/she, has raised the price.  Sudden increase in activity.

Look at the main windage screw.  Looks blued instead of parked.  Might be a later sub-contract thing. I don't know.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top