Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/25/2016 11:36:33 AM EDT

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:44:22 AM EDT
[#1]
some context would be nice
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The context is that King's Firearms in Tennessee has a bunch of retro parts for sale.  He says they are all SP1 uppers (large pivot pin hole), but a variety of barrel markings, and stock assemblies including modern buffers and some with edgewaters.
If anyone is in his area, he welcomes someone to come fish through the pile!  (I'd go if he were closer.)
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow!

Makes me miss old number 21 all the more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow I think I just wet myself!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Y'all PayPal me some gas money and I might be willing to make a trip.

ETA: I just checked, it's a 6 hour drive one way..

If I was close I'd drop in for you guys, KyGun is closer than I am.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet Mother of GOD!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Do you have a link to the facebook page? Those all look really good. I need to not look
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you have a link to the facebook page? Those all look really good. I need to not look

Kings Firearms Facebook

Thank you.

Man I love that these are starting to come out more and more now. I wish the prices were not as high but still a great deal. I love the three prong flash hider. I need to put one of those on my builds. Maybe two.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:14:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The description on the uppers of "early Airforce" "never issued" and "donated to a California Police Department" gives evidence that the uppers are mil-spec and not SP1 spec (front pivot pin hole size of 0.25").

I looked at the Facebook page pic of the uppers and a few have a slotted screw for the front pivot pin. This would be SP1 spec and the larger than mil-spec front pivot pin hole.

Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC
View Quote

In the pictures with the 3 prong uppers, I see at least one upper that still has the SP1 type slotted pivot pin in it, I'm guessing that they probably are all SP1 uppers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Did anyone here make contact and acquire anything?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sent email, no reply yet.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I contacted them, and they confirmed that they ALL are SP1 uppers with the large front pivot pin hole.  They do not have ANY barrels with no drain front sights, and most are marked "C MP C".  There are a few "C MP B", "C MP CROME BORE", and a few "MP" marked barrels.  They do not have any "VP" marked barrels. I'm trying to work out a deal on ten or twenty barreled uppers.  If it works out, I will "share the love" with my fellow arfcom members.  I tried to make arrangements to drive down tomorrow, but they are not willing to have any "visitors" look at what they have until the end of next week.  I hate trying to work a deal like this without actually handling the barreled uppers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:58:57 PM EDT
[#15]
when you say they won't allow visitors until the end of next week do you mean Friday June3?  So is this guy selling by email first before he lets other people see the stuff in person?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#16]
ill take them all email sent!
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#17]
His prices were outrageous for a SP1 upper IMO, $649 + shipping.

I inquired about one of the Type D stock assemblies with Edgewater buffer for $100 + shipping. He come back saying that they were only available with the purchase of a upper. His description on the picture sure did not clarify that, then told me they were $200 + shipping without a upper. Which I realize the Edgewater buffer is worth that, but be clear in your description.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
ill take them all email sent!
View Quote

Damn! Dear Santa (HKIILLER), all I want for Christmas is, one or two of the uppers . . . maybe four of them. I promise to brush my teeth daily and be nice to old people that are crossing the street. I will actually hit my breaks.

Did you really email and say you will take them all?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:05:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh man, it's just a few minutes south of Nashville but alas the gun fund is dry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:08:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I contacted them, and they confirmed that they ALL are SP1 uppers with the large front pivot pin hole.  They do not have ANY barrels with no drain front sights, and most are marked "C MP C".  There are a few "C MP B", "C MP CROME BORE", and a few "MP" marked barrels.  They do not have any "VP" marked barrels. I'm trying to work out a deal on ten or twenty barreled uppers.  If it works out, I will "share the love" with my fellow arfcom members.  I tried to make arrangements to drive down tomorrow, but they are not willing to have any "visitors" look at what they have until the end of next week.  I hate trying to work a deal like this without actually handling the barreled uppers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need an Edgewater if you can score an extra, lol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Was there today only a hour away. Wayne is very nice guy and seems to know his stuff. Retro there is real deal. And he appears to have some good (great ) sources. All butt stocks with edgewaters gone when I got there I mean sold. Saw a bunch of barreled uppers 50+ most were already spoken for. Did not have time to look through his stock to see what I wanted. But glad I went
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Was there today only a hour away. Wayne is very nice guy and seems to know his stuff. Retro there is real deal. And he appears to have some good (great ) sources. All butt stocks with edgewaters gone when I got there I mean sold. Saw a bunch of barreled uppers 50+ most were already spoken for. Did not have time to look through his stock to see what I wanted. But glad I went
View Quote

Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I was able to secure a Edgewater bright and early the morning of the 26th but the stock it comes with is unknown to me at this time. I guess I wouldn't mind a Type E stock. Later that day when I checked to see if my order when through Wayne told me that some individual purchased the remaining 50 edgewater buffers w/stocks that he had. As of yesterday afternoon there still are some uppers with MP marked barrels if anyone is concerned.  I wouldn't mind another MP barrel but I have no desire for a SP1 upper. It seems (at least on gunbroker) that they just aren't selling for what one would think.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top