Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2016 2:44:09 PM EDT
It occurred to me while building my 604 that I will have a new weapon, built almost completely of new parts!
- New 1/9 M16A1 spec Pencil barrel (though new 1/12 available, too) from AR15sport.com
- New non-tapered slip rings available from Fulton (though mine is a NOS Colt)
- New 604 Upper from Fulton or Nodak, or new 603 upper from Nodak or Brownells
- New gas tube, weld spring, dust cover, snap ring, rifle buffer, tube, and spring  from many vendors. I got mine from AR15Sport.com
- LPK and BCG also from many.  I used a Stag LPK and an AIM Nickel Boron BCG
- Three prong (2nd pattern) flash hider from Innovative Industries
- Retro lowers from Nodak or Brownells (though for now I am using an Anderson A2 lower I had)

When I say ALMOST all newly manufactured parts, furniture is the only caveat.  For shorties, you can get new made CAR15 stocks and handguards, but rifles are different.  That is the only parts that we need surplus.

I was fortunate to get a mint (I think NOS) Type D stock from M16Indiana, and NOS triangular handguards from Hochimin.  I had a NOS A1 grip.

When My weapon is built, it will be virtually all new parts, including the NOS GI furniture and a NOS USGI M1 Sling!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny you say this, I recently built a rangemaster out of all new parts.  Well, the transistor was NOS Mullard.  Retro Vietnam-era sound.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I just built this xm177E2 from all brand new current made parts except for the A1 P-grip and port door.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 5:51:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I completely concur. My 604 is sporting a NDS 604 upper and NDS XM16E1  lower, Fulton Armory chrome slick side bolt carrier, and a aftermarket pencil 1/12 non chrome barrel. Most of the other small items are 70/80's USGI and I'm good with that!

</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there any forum betting pool as to when the market will support newly-made triangular handguards (and in full, carbine, and middy)?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're welcome.  

View Quote

Yes, Mike and Harlan.... Thank you.  And when I can afford it, I'll order a black M16A1 lower!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It occurred to me while building my 604 that I will have a new weapon, built almost completely of new parts!
- New 1/9 M16A1 spec Pencil barrel (though new 1/12 available, too) from AR15sport.com
- New non-tapered slip rings available from Fulton (though mine is a NOS Colt)
- New 604 Upper from Fulton or Nodak, or new 603 upper from Nodak or Brownells
- New gas tube, weld spring, dust cover, snap ring, rifle buffer, tube, and spring  from many vendors. I got mine from AR15Sport.com
- LPK and BCG also from many.  I used a Stag LPK and an AIM Nickel Boron BCG
- Three prong (2nd pattern) flash hider from Innovative Industries
- Retro lowers from Nodak or Brownells (though for now I am using an Anderson A2 lower I had)

When I say ALMOST all newly manufactured parts, furniture is the only caveat.  For shorties, you can get new made CAR15 stocks and handguards, but rifles are different.  That is the only parts that we need surplus.

I was fortunate to get a mint (I think NOS) Type D stock from M16Indiana, and NOS triangular handguards from Hochimin.  I had a NOS A1 grip.

When My weapon is built, it will be virtually all new parts, including the NOS GI furniture and a NOS USGI M1 Sling!
View Quote

Is the "dust cover" from AR15Sport.com the A1 version?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#8]
No, it is modern.  They do have the repro early large square pad for about $26.  I went cheap since I have an a2 lower.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there any forum betting pool as to when the market will support newly-made triangular handguards (and in full, carbine, and middy)?
View Quote

Well the old gunshow joke about plastic furniture will come true if it does
And youll have crappy furniture.. Yay....

THe best "drop in"  carbine triangle set on the market is PIM....  
tooling up for h/gs is riskly.. Any minute a warehouse or random basement could produce 500 pairs to a few conex's full..........
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

tooling up for h/gs is riskly.. Any minute a warehouse or random basement could produce 500 pairs to a few conex's full..........
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.  Hochimin on the EE has been selling mint sets of triangulars like the ones I got from him for months.  I think he found the proverbial conex full. Look at M16Indian's stock find. BTW, Thanks to M16Indian for my minty Type D stock and Fulton 604 upper!
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Its lucarative

Look at TSI..  Edwin was turning out real 607 h/gs made of fiberglass and steel at 65$ and bolt on stocks for 400...
Visting him he said something about how everyone complained about the price.
Heck, the business was a business inside of another business (gulf x ray service I think)
I was thrilled to buy one and thought it was worth 500$. He went out of biz  

now 607 stocks are made one at a time and cost much more. And there is a waiting list......
but a few years ago you had people all upset about it being 400.....
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

True.  Hochimin on the EE has been selling mint sets of triangulars like the ones I got from him for months.  I think he found the proverbial conex full. Look at M16Indian's stock find. BTW, Thanks to M16Indian for my minty Type D stock and Fulton 604 upper!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a link? I cant find his post in the EE
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't say accurately. You just can't make them the same as the original parts. I know from a normal persons point of view they look the same but some of the small parts an expert can tell. It's an expensive to buy a bolt catch for $200 or a port door cover for $175.  That is the attention to detail that goes into a lot of our build. I mean a lot of us go this far.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:38:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go:

Triangle Handguards
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top