Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 1:15:08 PM EDT
Got my builds and stamps back.. love em. Couldnt get a moderator for the 177 so i went for the next best thing, screw on Trek

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Has anyone Formed 1 a repro XM177 moderator?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Dont think its worth the trouble

just turns a the report into a 20 inch barrel report

I like PFHSHHH PFHSHH alot better
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone makes accurate reproductions with baffles.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe I know a dealer who has Colt ones in stock. Shoot me an IM.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]

My local dealer got a used [non-Colt] moderator in a while back. He thought for sure I'd jump on it but I wasn't interested and he's been begging me to take it off his hands ever since (even lowered the price to $250.00). Nope; not even at that price as they just aren't efficient enough. I prefer running with Brick's clone on my rifle for the visual WoW Factor, then screwing my own TREK on to the barrel when I want to quiet it down.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Innovative Industries

If only I lived in a state that allowed them and didn't require short-barreled-hoops.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, the $200 tax on a not-so-good suppressor does make it steep.  As mill-heavy as this part of ARFCOM is, I figured someone would've built one himself that was a bit quieter than the originals.

I suppose you could do a so-so suppressor on the muzzle, and then do an integral under the handguards.  MV would drop and it would be a trick to get it to run.  Lower M193 to 5.7x28mm velocities, but a lot quieter than the original.

$400-$600 of tax stamps, however.  Might as well do a 1:7" twist bbl & run Agilla SSS through the small can.  Or throw .17" HMR or .22" WMR in there.

Wonder if you could squeeze a KelTec .22" WMR mag into a GI 20 or 30 rounder...  If you could get it to feed far enough back to get a 16" bbl, and integrally suppress it under the original moderator shape, maybe only $200 in stamps, no?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Innovative Industries

If only I lived in a state that allowed them and didn't require short-barreled-hoops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Has anyone Formed 1 a repro XM177 moderator?

Innovative Industries

Probably not the quietest of .22" LR cans, but would look really cool on a Ruger 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

My local dealer got a used [non-Colt] moderator in a while back. He thought for sure I'd jump on it but I wasn't interested and he's been begging me to take it off his hands ever since (even lowered the price to $250.00). Nope; not even at that price as they just aren't efficient enough. I prefer running with Brick's clone on my rifle for the visual WoW Factor, then screwing my own TREK on to the barrel when I want to quiet it down.
View Quote

Smashed some black color chalkoil stuff in to the lettering in my TREK . now it looks great and the can is the perfect size for xm
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top