Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2015 4:18:50 PM EDT
I often see folks posting the amazing things they find squirreled away at some gun show or another.  Every gun show I've gone to here (In CA), has been a disappointment.  If, and when I find some retro goodie, it is clear that the seller knows exactly what he has, and wants much more for it than the thing is even worth.

Anyway, I suppose I can't complain too much when I have managed a couple of good finds on Ebay recently, including this lot.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, that's a great score
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
AWESOME SCORE!!  I imagine those last auction seconds were nail biters.  What was your max bid in case someone tried to snipe you?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice. I guess I need to pay better attention to eBay. I haven't seen anything good on there for a while, so I've been slacking in my searching.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AWESOME SCORE!!  I imagine those last auction seconds were nail biters.  What was your max bid in case someone tried to snipe you?
View Quote

HA HA! They would have been, except I was out late last night, and was asleep when it ended this morning!  I put my bid in at $150, figuring that was what I would pay (on a good day) for the Charging Handle alone.  

But I'll take $54 any day of the week.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#6]
That's really a great score. Anything AR15 related is a major no go on eBay.

I've been shut down so many times there it's not funny
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very nice. I guess I need to pay better attention to eBay. I haven't seen anything good on there for a while, so I've been slacking in my searching.
View Quote

My best finds have been in mislabeled or poorly labeled items.  This is no exception.  "Ar15 parts 3 old parts" isn't the most descriptive title.  If it had said "601 Charging Handle, Firing Pin and Firing Pin Retaining Pin" I'm sure I wouldn't have snagged it.  The 601 sling I got a while back for $25 was labeled as a standard M1 Garand sling.

In this case, I just searched for "Ar15 Firing Pin," and did a double take when I saw this auction.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, last week a put an M7 bayonet on eBay, and I made NO MENTION of M16, but eBay cancelled the auction saying that they do not allow bayonets that attach to assault rifles.  However, go to eBay and do a search for M7 bayonet, and there are 100's of them!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, that's weird.  Admittedly, I've never listed anything on ebay, but there are TONS of gun parts out there, and plenty of AR15/M16 labeled auctions all over the place . . .

Their stance is so odd.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuggin'eh!  Good aquisition!
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea....I quit looking for stuff on E-Bay because I've had it where they cancel stuff that doesn't even make sense in accordance with some policy.  It's like Facebook, where the enforcement of their policy is 100% subjective....
v/r,
Jon
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, last week a put an M7 bayonet on eBay, and I made NO MENTION of M16, but eBay cancelled the auction saying that they do not allow bayonets that attach to assault rifles.  However, go to eBay and do a search for M7 bayonet, and there are 100's of them!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call it an M7 knife or combat knife in the listing title, do not put bayonet in the title. It will go through just fine. You can call it a bayonet in the description section, that does not seem to trigger the ebay robots. But the title block is no joy.

It is all absurd anyway. Ebay will flag an ad title for an M7 or M9 bayonet, but you can list OKC3S bayonets all day with no problems. Totally inconsistent.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Last week I saw someone sell a Winchester 1886 receiver on eGay, calling it an "upper tang." ??
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top