Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/24/2015 9:42:39 PM EDT
First, I want to start by saying thanks to everyone that has been helping out SOOOO much on these projects.  My Colt 601 project is finished (with the last parts on order, and I'll post pics when there.

Second, I am working on doing some of the H&R contract rifles, but I wanted to know approximately when the "pre-ban grey" colorings came in (besides the A1).  I am doing a H&R contract rifle, and may also be doing another couple parts, but since I have to re-anodize the uppers, and knowing that the H&R contracts were 68-70, I wanted to know an approximate timeframe that the colors changed, as I've gotten some conflicting information.

Soon I hope that I can begin offering intel to people and giving back to this amazing community.  Thank you all for the help.....and I hope that by this time next week I can post photos for you of the 601 rifle (although it'll be black instead of the grey...).
v/r,
Jon
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=380956

As I modified my google search, I found an link within the forums.  Just been wanting to make sure.  Either way....I think I got some of that answer, and a bit of disappointment with myself for not having a quality google search.  LOL.  I try not to post stuff that's already answered....but yeah, I guess I still make the mistakes.
v/r,
Jon
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking forward to see that 601, did you go with green or brown furniture?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What upper receiver are you using?  Do you have any pictures?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
As for the 601, it's all original furniture....I stuck with the green, because I found components in beautiful condition and I didn't wanna destroy 'em.  

Somebob, do you mean the H&R contract upper or the 601?  So far, all my uppers are original to the periods......except I have one "beater rifle" which uses Nodak upper/lower set.  My other rifles so far are all using Nodak lowers with otherwise original parts.  I do have some parts, and I'll take pictures of it once it all arrives together.
v/r,
Jon
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As for the 601, it's all original furniture....I stuck with the green, because I found components in beautiful condition and I didn't wanna destroy 'em.  

Somebob, do you mean the H&R contract upper or the 601?  So far, all my uppers are original to the periods......except I have one "beater rifle" which uses Nodak upper/lower set.  My other rifles so far are all using Nodak lowers with otherwise original parts.  I do have some parts, and I'll take pictures of it once it all arrives together.
v/r,
Jon
View Quote

Oh, yes I meant the H&R, but your other projects sound interesting.  Have you posted pictures of what you have?  (links?)
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#6]
None yet....as I wanted to wait until the projects were completed.  I have the complete 601 now (just completed today....pics will be together when I put it all together), 75% of a 602 (missing an upper, pistol grip, and barrel assembly), parts for an XM16E1, H&R, and then the M16A1....I hadn't posted the M16A1 yet as it's just basically intended to be a "beater"...and everything else changes.  I will work on gathering pictures soon enough on these projects and will be posted in threads as they get completed......I hope to share some REALLY cool ones as time goes on as well.
v/r,
Jon
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm curious about the H&R upper, I'd like to see the color and other features.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top