Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/9/2015 10:37:55 PM EDT

My favorite retro green will always be John Deere, but I guess the rifle aint too shabby either.

Finally got my 601 build assembled but didnt have time to shoot it or even take any other pictures. The natural light today for some reason made the upper look old school bushmaster purple

Hopefully before the end of the month I can get it zero'd.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I like em both!

I guess it would be  retro blasphemy to paint some furniture John Deere green, huh?  
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like em both!

I guess it would be  retro blasphemy to paint some furniture John Deere green, huh?  
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like em both!

http://i43.tinypic.com/25qsu8g.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2qi7l7q.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/globemaster_oly/johnDeereGreen.jpg

I like em
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
That 601 is looking good, need more pictures and details
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That 601 is looking good, need more pictures and details
View Quote

I'm not going to be able to post any pics for a couple weeks.

I didn't go crazy to get every single original part like I did on my 602, not sure I could afford it the way the 601 market has been. The upper is one I traded you that early 604 upper for. I'm not sure what the 601 upper has been doing for the last 50 years but the poor thing had a hard life

Original parts are: barrel, upper, bolt, carrier, firing pin retainer, charging handle, pivot and takedown pins, selector, type B stock, buffer tube, pistol grip and screw. Oh, and Armalite magazine.

JT painted the handguards, they're a perfect color match to the stock.

Now for the rest of the retro details...1956 John Deere 520 unrestored as bought new by my grandfather and has been working on our farm ever since. When it was new it pulled the planter and cultivated, later it took over hay work when they got some larger tractors in the later 60s. We use it to mow our airstrip and farmyard.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Just had to weigh in. Did not know there were so many greens here.

1967 5020 Standard

Couple of finished builds on either side of in progress XM177E2. (thank you JT)

Kid - that 520 really looks good. Should be no problem passing it down to the next generation. Boywonder - after seeing your pictures I think I know what I'm doing this winter.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Great picture, I love those big new generation tractors!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top