Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2015 11:53:49 PM EDT
Has anyone used one of these? I have a retro-ish SBR and would like an effective linear compensator. I like the looks of it but am only interested in buying if it effectively redirects the blast forward. It would be used on an SBR with a 10.5 inch barrel.

Link here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
What makes this so special that they feel justified asking more than twice what Brick does for his moderator clone?

They say it isn't baffled like the original, so it's not a real moderator. They don't show any pics of the inside of it. Seems to me it wouldn't perform any differently than a Bricks mod.

-edited for spelling
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree.  Not much of any description of performance.  They call it a "muzzle Device", which leaves it kinda vague.   Only once in the video does he say, "Helps keep muzzle rise down"
Otherwise it just looks like the same brick of steel they describe as others making.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Are any of the others available?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
From what I've read, it's basically a Levang linear compensator with the same dimensions of the original moderators.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. Is Brick still making his moderator clones? Does he have a web page?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree.  Not much of any description of performance.  They call it a "muzzle Device", which leaves it kinda vague.   Only once in the video does he say, "Helps keep muzzle rise down"
Otherwise it just looks like the same brick of steel they describe as others making.
View Quote

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/xm5.jpg

password and user name are both 'mm'.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a pic of the muzzle end.

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Here's a pic of the muzzle end.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/xm5.jpg
View Quote

So what do you think ?  Any info on it's performance ?

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Griffin XM Linear Comp doesn't reduce recoil or muzzle jump (it's not supposed to) but it really reduces concussion and noise to the shooter, directing it downrange instead. This was very apparent when I shot it and compared it to the Tony's Custom barrel with the hollow/open faux moderator. It's very pleasant (for the shooter) to shoot.

Someone linked to my retro-ish build writeup above, but here is the link again with pics etc: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access6.html#xm
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The Griffin XM Linear Comp doesn't reduce recoil or muzzle jump (it's not supposed to) but it really reduces concussion and noise to the shooter, directing it downrange instead. This was very apparent when I shot it and compared it to the Tony's Custom barrel with the hollow/open faux moderator. It's very pleasant (for the shooter) to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it sounds like it would perform exactly the same as one of Bricks mods, as his isn't hollow to the muzzle either. It tapers the same way the Griffin does.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Someone linked to my retro-ish build writeup above, but here is the link again with pics etc: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.access6.html#xm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the link and report.  Glad to see MM doing a retro piece.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So it sounds like it would perform exactly the same as one of Bricks mods, as his isn't hollow to the muzzle either. It tapers the same way the Griffin does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's actually an expansion chamber inside, behind the small exit hole in front. The taper only extends behind the flash slots; not all the way inside to the back. So, it's hollow inside, then the large chamber is closed off except for the exit hole. Unless Brick's is a two-piece design with expansion chamber (not just a taper), it's going to be different. How much different - I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks for the link and report.  Glad to see MM doing a retro piece.
View Quote

It's all your guys' faults. Posting pics of your awesome retro builds etc. I just kept being drawn back to them and finally had to do one myself.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top