Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 3:46:03 PM EDT
Hi, does anyone have a good photo of a REAL Armalite AR15 prototype sight wheel? I've searched the archives and the Internet, and have only found a very bad photo if an original (so grainy that I can't make out any details), and some photos of repros that may/may not be accurate.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:51:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure JT, Boywonder or one of the wise retro folk will be along shortly with accurate pics and measurements
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to say, I don't think there aren't any good pictures of the real thing. The best I have is a grainy photo that only clearly shows the L mark and some kind of arrow.

In The Black Rifle, it is described as having a counterclockwise arrow, which would make sense given the L mark.

Stoner25mkiv and I had a theory that the arrow was clockwise and the windage screw itself was threaded counterclockwise.

There no way to know for sure without a clear picture.

Perhaps someone could contact Knight's or, whoever it was, that was selling #000003 that Larry Vickers posted about.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top