Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2015 10:01:48 PM EDT
Last week I got to spend some time at the range with an old friend.  I brought the Portuguese AR10 and shot it for the first time.  Wow, that gun is just great!  The pics below are of my friend trying it out.  We both had a great time.

John Thomas

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Shooting steal case?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shooting steal case?
View Quote

No, we had been shooting an SKS earlier, and those are left over from that venture.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Ain't they just about the coolest thing?  I love those rifles. :)
So how did she run--any problems?  And how was the accuracy?  
Most have 50+ years of serious use behind them and bores come in a wide variety of conditions.  In my experience, even rough bores perform pretty darn well, and a barrel that's still in good shape can be a real shooter.  Sure wish I'd been able to buy those when they were fresh from the factory!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful rifle,  looks like fun!

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Outstanding John. That's a very nice rifle. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Range Report Please !!!  How'd she perform ?

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, guys.

OlGunner, the bore is actually in good shape.  There is no pitting in it at all.  It is a little dark, but with some cleaning, it might shine up pretty good.

Chief, I was extremely happy with how it shot.  We were set up at 100 yards and we started out shooting a 12" plate and that was too easy (even with the iron sights and our 46 year old eyes).  So we moved to a 4" steel plate (that I could barely see through the sights) and we were hitting that more than we were missing it.  We had no malfunctions of any type.  It's a really smooth shooter.  It's a shame they don't make them like this one anymore.

John Thomas
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like the kind of birthday gift that just keeps on giving. Awesome looking
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a shame they don't make them like this one anymore.

John Thomas
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking forward to shooting Olgunner's at some point. I've heard they really perform nicely, and are low recoil for a .308 rifle. That looks like a beauty!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice pics of a beautiful rifle, JT.  I didn't know that the state of Illinois let you guys have anything fun to shoot
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a shame they don't make them like this one anymore.

John Thomas

+1

+2

Link Posted: 9/4/2015 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks, guys.

OlGunner, the bore is actually in good shape.  There is no pitting in it at all.  It is a little dark, but with some cleaning, it might shine up pretty good.

Chief, I was extremely happy with how it shot.  We were set up at 100 yards and we started out shooting a 12" plate and that was too easy (even with the iron sights and our 46 year old eyes).  So we moved to a 4" steel plate (that I could barely see through the sights) and we were hitting that more than we were missing it.  We had no malfunctions of any type.  It's a really smooth shooter.  It's a shame they don't make them like this one anymore.

John Thomas
View Quote

Agreed

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for my late arrival on this but wow JT that is amazing! As usual i'm green with envy
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top