Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:05:35 PM EDT
Has anyone bought one of the 145 dollar sarco pencil barrels in 1;12 twist? New ones listed in SGN.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't bought one of sarco's  but I have one of green mountains 1-12 on the way
and they are on sale right now for $125.99
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/m16-a1-5-56mm-20-1-12-twist-20-barrel/
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That is a good deal. I need some of the FSB area turned down for a prototype fsb though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone bought one of the 145 dollar sarco pencil barrels in 1;12 twist? New ones listed in SGN.
View Quote

I just went to Sarcos web site, and cannot find these barrels.  Do you have a link?  Do you know if they have M4 or M16 barrel extensions?  The barrels on sale at Green Mountain are their black barrels with M4 extensions.  Their phosphate barrels with correct M16 extensions are not on sale.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw them advertised in the Shotgun News. I do not know if they have them on their site yet.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just went to Sarcos web site, and cannot find these barrels.  Do you have a link?  Do you know if they have M4 or M16 barrel extensions?  The barrels on sale at Green Mountain are their black barrels with M4 extensions.  Their phosphate barrels with correct M16 extensions are not on sale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this is ithttp://www.e-sarcoinc.com/m16115heavybarrel.aspx
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.  The reviews say no gas hole drilled, and barrel stamped "5.56".  Also, the picture makes it look like it might be in the white.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 8:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks.  The reviews say no gas hole drilled, and barrel stamped "5.56".  Also, the picture makes it look like it might be in the white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I saw the reviews too. I think the Green Mtn. barrel may be a better deal although it is finished in black I will be refinishing mine
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:05:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I haven't bought one of sarco's  but I have one of green mountains 1-12 on the way
View Quote

Of course they go on sale after I buy one
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:10:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL my luck about 99% of the time! I guess this is the 1%
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:29:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought the one I saw was light, not heavy...
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I saw that to but if you look at the picture its a pencil profile and they describe it as an A1 barrel. So who knows what that is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I purchased two of those barrels last year from Sarco. They were $125ea if you also purchased a M16A1 parts kit (which I did). Barrels are 20", in the white with no gas hole drilled. 1-12 twist. I'm not sure if mine were marked 5.56 or not? But no twist rate. Plus they are NOT chromed lined. The barrels are top quality and very consistent at the range. I have had no issues what so ever. Majority of M16A1 builders want and prefer chromed lined chambers and bores. Hope this helps.

I forgot to add these barrels do come with the barrel extension and are threaded.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top