Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2015 12:27:48 PM EDT

I already have a C7 rifle clone, so I was thinking carbine......but I'm open to all suggestions

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would gratefully take all that worry off your hands........I would turn it into a clone of my basic M16A1  less   the Pew Pew Pew  selector lever option  ...
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
An RO723 is my vote, with the 203 cut barrel. Everything a KISS carbine should be IMO.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An RO723 is my vote, with the 203 cut barrel. Everything a KISS carbine should be IMO.
View Quote

I actually have spares of everything to put that together.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a plan then.

Here is mine for inspiration.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I'll second that....
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'll second that....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll second that....

I already have a Colt C7 Clone, but thank you for chiming in.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Howsabout a middy KISS? I am thinking about putting an A1 stock on it...

" />
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1!!!!

Yeah, we have a winner. It's really the only option I don't have anyway..... I have an IDF carbine, C7 Rifle, R0727

A late R0723 is the best option for me, especially since I have everything including the spare barrel sitting in my workshop.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#11]
RO723.  Mine, including a Colt M4 barrel w/ non-F FSB.  Took awhile to find it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, we have a winner. It's really the only option I don't have anyway..... I have an IDF carbine, C7 Rifle, R0727

A late R0723 is the best option for me, especially since I have everything including the spare barrel sitting in my workshop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1!!!!

You could put a rifle stock on it and call it a "Morg special." Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
depends on what barrel you can find but I would say XM4 or 723

contours of this 6.8spc barrel reminded me of the top barrel in TBR pic above

RRA ban era M4 type barrel..which means the FH is fake, but it make the length look just about right

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 14..5 inch Bushmaster M4 government profile barrel with regular FSB sitting in a box collecting dust, I will use that for now and possibly purchase another Colt M4 barrel off Lionel and swap FSB's to make it all correct. I have spares of Aluminum and Fiberlite stocks, do you think the Aluminum is too early to use on this build?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have a 14..5 inch Bushmaster M4 government profile barrel with regular FSB sitting in a box collecting dust, I will use that for now and possibly purchase another Colt M4 barrel off Lionel and swap FSB's to make it all correct. I have spares of Aluminum and Fiberlite stocks, do you think the Aluminum is too early to use on this build?
View Quote

Build one of each. If building a late production 723 using an M4 type barrel, I would consider the aluminum stock too early. The fiberlite stock like the one in Log's pic is the way to go. Is your upper dark grey or black? Hard to tell on the monitor.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

The aluminum stock is too early for a 723 build. The 653 had the aluminum stock.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:12:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Build one of each. If building a late production 723 using an M4 type barrel, I would consider the aluminum stock too early. The fiberlite stock like the one in Log's pic is the way to go. Is your upper dark grey or black? Hard to tell on the monitor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's XM Gray and it has M4 feedramps to boot, along with a rack number on the rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#19]

OK, It's been over 12 hours already, have you got it built yet?

You have all the part's, right?

Post some pic's already  Just messin' with ya, Will.

Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I need a set of Colt 6Hole HG's, I didn't have any perfect ones that weren't Israeli contract marked that I considered minty, so I did some horse trading for an authentic set.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 4:02:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I need a set of Colt 6Hole HG's, I didn't have any perfect ones that weren't Israeli contract marked that I considered minty, so I did some horse trading for an authentic set.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build in progress pics are fine as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View Quote

What happened to the set of mis-matched 6-hole handguards (Colt/RRA) that I gave you late last year?  They would work in the interim.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What happened to the set of mis-matched 6-hole handguards (Colt/RRA) that I gave you late last year?  They would work in the interim.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I used them on my brother's 727, remember we talked on the phone about me building him one and using those handgaurds for it. I put the Colt on the top and the RRA on the bottom. I got a set of Colts coming from George in a couple days and on top of that I picked up a Colt XM4 complete upper receiver off the EE for $85 to make my own 727 100% Colt, well the lower is a Sporter A2 but it is Colt. (Yes, I asked for pics of the front of the receiver to be sure the 4 was there)

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1457361_A2_upper_reciever.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:38:54 AM EDT
[#24]

$85 is a Great Deal.  

Is your Brother doing better?  ( I know wrong thread, but just a simple answer will do )

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

$85 is a Great Deal.  

Is your Brother doing better?  ( I know wrong thread, but just a simple answer will do )

View Quote

Yes, it's quite the steal.... Coctailer was selling stripped examples for around $150.00, so a complete XM4 upper for $79.00 plus $6.00 shipping is one heck of a deal.

Surgery was a success, no spreading. With continued Chemo we can hope to achieve complete remission (Not just decreased tumor size but complete eradication).
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top