Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/28/2015 10:42:20 PM EDT
Is there a good and easy way to tell an original and a reproduction duckbill flash hider apart?  How difficult are originals to come by, and what is the current going price?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there a good and easy way to tell an original and a reproduction duckbill flash hider apart?  How difficult are originals to come by, and what is the current going price?  Thanks.
View Quote

A very nice Original will run you $125-$175, repros are pretty easy to ID compared to originals and some are even marked.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A very nice Original will run you $125-$175, repros are pretty easy to ID compared to originals and some are even marked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will have to disagree Hip,, the old "made from scratch" 45bravo ones were a dead ringer to originals, and the ones innovated industries are making a real good repro.. The ones Sven made looked good and are marked with the M.
Many repros started life as regular 3 prongs and are modified. THOSE are easy to spot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I will have to disagree Hip,, the old "made from scratch" 45bravo ones were a dead ringer to originals, and the ones innovated industries are making a real good repro.. The ones Sven made looked good and are marked with the M.
Many repros started life as regular 3 prongs and are modified. THOSE are easy to spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my searching for the muzzle device addition to the Retro Barrel Spreadsheet, I know Innovative Ind. claims to be spot on dimensionally.
I can also confirm that the Manticore ones are marked with an M on the flat that butts up to the shoulder. Innovative Industries does also appear to mark their copies in the same way, at least from the comparison to Colt pictures they show on their website. It looks to be an "I I" on the back.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your quite right, I didn't even think of the turn downs and such.... I was more concerned about difference between originals and repro, and giving him a price range. Thanks for the additional information.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top