Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2015 9:30:41 PM EDT
Need to get some details if you have one give or take a few hundred around that serial.  I have a 800 serial and a 3000 serial but i need some details around that range.  Email me if you can help.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Need to get some details if you have one give or take a few hundred around that serial.  I have a 800 serial and a 3000 serial but i need some details around that range.  Email me if you can help.
View Quote

I don't own it, but 1,0XX is in my shop right now.  Will that do you any good?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Deleted
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

sure.  maybe a little early but can you confirm if the upper is a M VP S 12 barrel?  forged or cast fsb?  square pad ejection port door with the angled detent housing right?

on the fire control group, is it a C/E hammer that has the tail ground down?  any markings on the disconnector/trigger?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

sure.  maybe a little early but can you confirm if the upper is a M VP S 12 barrel?  forged or cast fsb?  square pad ejection port door with the angled detent housing right?
on the fire control group, is it a C/E hammer that has the tail ground down?  any markings on the disconnector/trigger?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one in the very low 1800's. It was rescued from a California owner who had to stash the lower out of state and put a bullet button on it for years until I was able to buy everything from him and reassemble it in its factory configuration.  He even saved the original mag release.  I posted a number of photos here.
M-VP
s 12
square pad, angled detent
forged FSB
pics of the FCG on the thread linked above.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

What year would a 3000 be?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:16:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have one in the very low 1800's. It was rescued from a California owner who had to stash the lower out of state and put a bullet button on it for years until I was able to buy everything from him and reassemble it in its factory configuration.  He even saved the original mag release.  I posted a number of photos here.
M-VP
s 12
forged FSB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M-VP
s 12
forged FSB

perfect, thanks.  i remember that thread.  you knew 3 years later i'd want detailed pics

the trigger is unmarked right?  looks like the early disconnector.  does the hammer have any markings?  my 2 earlier ones have the C/E marked hammer.  my 3000 one is unmarked i think.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 1845 if that's close enough for you.

I will have to break it out but am on my week of working 12s straight so if you give me a bit I can get you whatever you need to know.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have 1845 if that's close enough for you.

I will have to break it out but am on my week of working 12s straight so if you give me a bit I can get you whatever you need to know.
View Quote

cool.  

lower:
the trigger is unmarked right?
early shaped disconnector right?
does the hammer have any markings? my 2 earlier ones have the C/E marked hammer.

upper:
upper is a M VP S 12 barrel w/ smoother forged fsb?
square pad ejection port door with the angled detent housing right?

thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

perfect, thanks.  i remember that thread.  you knew 3 years later i'd want detailed pics

the trigger is unmarked right?  looks like the early disconnector.  does the hammer have any markings?  my 2 earlier ones have the C/E marked hammer.  my 3000 one is unmarked i think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M-VP
s 12
forged FSB

Best as I can see, there's no marking on the trigger.  The hammer is below--the other side is smooth, but you can see the very faint circular mark. There is nothing else to show.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Best as I can see, there's no marking on the trigger.  The hammer is below--the other side is smooth, but you can see the very faint circular mark. There is nothing else to show.

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r500/AR10er/180Xhammer_zps5vvlhsfe.jpg
View Quote

thanks.  interesting that some parts that were marked later went unmarked before the number in a C mark.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Give me until Tuesday morning and I will double check for you.
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a late 1968 all original

No S on the MP C barrel

No markings on the hammer, which appears factory semi, (trigger is open ended in the back),  and disco appears factory semi (all original)
Edgewater buffer/newer buffertube
Unmarked SP1 carrier with serrations and Flathead FP (Cotterpin Retainer)
MPC Bolt
Glossy Skinny C marked Grip with an A on top
Semigloss Type D HG's
Type D Stock
Black seatbelt sling
Colt 3x20 Scope
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top