Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2015 9:56:31 PM EDT
I put this together several years ago to commemorate my brother-in-law's stint in RVN with the 25th Inf. The upper was complete except for BCG and handguards. Its been long enough that I don't have any idea where or how I got the upper.  

Been Googlin on and off but can't find any information on it. I suspect it was a late 70's arsenal upgrade but that's just a gut feeling. Any info appreciated.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Rapidex knob.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall, it was never an official upgrade or even available in the system.  But when A2 sights came out, many people wanted to be able to change windage without using a bullet point and that was the way to give you an M16A1.5

I put one on my AR-100 and didn't have any regrets about it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/353544/dpms-rear-sight-base-rapidex-windage-knob-ar-15-a1-matte

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
L M Martin Marietta replacement upper. Would like to see the port door closed. Can't recall what variation of door it is with that style detent.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
L M Martin Marietta replacement upper. Would like to see the port door closed. Can't recall what variation of door it is with that style detent.
View Quote

that's the sendra one w/ the exposed spring and no pad.  folks like to to use it on proto builds as it has that early look to it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a sendra no-pad.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one on a PM forge upper I won at an online auction with essential arms lower.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here it is.

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, Thanks for posting.

Yep, Sendra, forgot about that, and I have one in a parts box.

The C MP C barrel is 1969ish. Does the barrel extension appear chromed?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I recall, it was never an official upgrade or even available in the system.  But when A2 sights came out, many people wanted to be able to change windage without using a bullet point and that was the way to give you an M16A1.5

I put one on my AR-100 and didn't have any regrets about it.

View Quote

Is there a "sitting here hoping that this is the gun you are talking about" smiley face?

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP, Thanks for posting.

Yep, Sendra, forgot about that, and I have one in a parts box.

The C MP C barrel is 1969ish. Does the barrel extension appear chromed?
View Quote

Looks like its chromed.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top