AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2015 9:28:51 PM EDT
i have on that is a c7 style but has the large front pin hole
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i have on that is a c7 style but has the large front pin hole
View Quote

Got any pictures? Sounds like an early Colt Sporter II upper.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]
c h forge code
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
that's not a forge code, those are proof marks. (c in a square and vp in a triangle)

help me here "c" for Colt? and "vp" for verified proof?'

the forge code would be (raised not stamped) in the scalloped area under the rear sight (that picture has none)

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
that's not a forge code, those are proof marks. (c in a square and vp in a triangle)

the forge code would be (raised not stamped) in the scalloped area under the rear sight (that picture has none)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Look close at the picture in the OP, it appears to have a CH forge code.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a CH code C7 large hole upper. I assume, as stated above, that it is off a sporter II
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
ok, but it doesn't reach out and grab you.

and the blurs are kinda in the wrong place

and the OP didn't say the picture was the upper he's talking about. only it was that style.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
i said c h forge code because the picture wasn't clear,may have the barrel sold if it sells the upper receiver will also be forsale.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I found this picture of a C7 upper with C H forge codes. It does appear to be on a Sporter II lower. Notice, the upper also has a large head round FA.

Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I know my Sporter II Rifles, I have a soft spot for them......a Sporter II was my first AR when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]
it is from a colt 6500 sporter II ,they had several variations.from what if found they made this one when they were transitioning between a1 and a2.will be going on equiptment exchange soon.Whats it worth?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
it is from a colt 6500 sporter II ,they had several variations.from what if found they made this one when they were transitioning between a1 and a2.will be going on equiptment exchange soon.Whats it worth?
View Quote

On the top of the retro page there is an appraisal thread.....ask this question. I am not allowed to answer that in a tech thread....
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top