Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2015 9:34:19 PM EDT
i bought this flash suppressor: http://www.innovativeindustriesllc.com/products/flash-hider-early-duck-bill-3-prong-1-2-28
and i cannot get it  to screw on all the way, i used a screw driver to torque it. It goes on about halfway and locks up. I put oil but i don't want to damage the threads.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
does another flash hider fit on your barrel?  does this flash hider fit on another barrel?  that'll rule out the barrel or the flash hider.  visually you should be able to see if the barrel threads are good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I got it to screw down to the washer but when I look down on the inside there is space between the barrel face and the end of the suppressor is that ok?

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Normal. What if the washer was fatter or skinny? Extra threading is good sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear you but man i dint think it was gonna be so tough to screw on ireally had to torque that sucker.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I would screw it on and off with oil a few times, a little farther each time and it will probably work itself out,  might be built up parkerizing in the duckbill's threads.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats exactly what i did it was still kinda tought once i got down but i
Guess thats not to bad that way i wont have to worry about it backing off. But i work with a guy who builds ARs and he said it shouldnt of been so hard to put on
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Remember the proper indexing of duckbill would be one prong at 6 o'clock, and other two at 9/10 and 2/3.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember the proper indexing of duckbill would be one prong at 6 o'clock, and other two at 9/10 and 2/3.
View Quote

While that would be optimal, I don't believe the duckbills were intended to be indexed any certain way.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

While the would be optimal, I don't believe the duckbills were intended to be indexed at any certain way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While the would be optimal, I don't believe the duckbills were intended to be indexed at any certain way.

This.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Was I drunk when I typed that?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 1:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Well the 3 prongs....duckbills and improved didn't need indexing, so your statement is correct.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top