User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2015 2:54:52 PM EDT
Buddy is selling it not me. Somebody buy it so I don't
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/collectors.cgi?read=49163
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested, will it fit on a modern pic rail?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I know it will work on a weaver. As I made a flat top out of an A1 in 1981. Had the old brick laser on it, then the Mark 1 a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#3]
some of those you can peel the wrapping off a CR123 battery and use it for power, I have the MK III laying around somewhere , never figured it would still be worth $$$, I think they were close to $ 400 back then ...wow
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interested, will it fit on a modern pic rail?
View Quote

It will fit the picatinny rail...
Picatinny won't fit on a weaver...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a MKIII from Buddy a while back, it's a neat sight!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buddy is selling it not me. Somebody buy it so I don't
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/collectors.cgi?read=49163
View Quote

Thats actually a G2 "Electronic"......have one sitting on my bench on an old B-square carry handle mount as we speak.....

uses 2 PC1A or LR50 batteries.......I think batteries plus carries them.....
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Kinda wish I hadn't passed on that shoebox full of these for $15 - $35 each a while back.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They do tend to sit offset to the right on a the rail though. Not that critical as you can get them to sight in at 50 and 100 yards without too much trouble. I guess the 1913 rail is a little wider than the weaver!?

I do like this "G2" model a little better than a MkIII. The MkIII followed next in line. The G2 is easy on and easy off by rolling the power switch "on" or "off" with the weak hand and it faces the shooter, so it is at the back of the unit. The MkIII has the somewhat problematic photo sensitive eye that is also the on-off switch. It is a smaller switch and you turn it through a 90 degree arc to tun it on. It is at the front of the unit away from the shooter, so you experience just a tad less positivity in activating the unit. On mine, the red dot does not adjust with light levels, so I guess the "eye" part no longer works, but the unit itself still lights.

Yes, stripping down a 123 will work great in this unit. What I did find that was odd though, is the battery goes in backwards from how the DL 1/3Ns are indicated to be installed. Can't figure that one out? Just don't panic if you strip the plastic coating off a Surefire or Duracell 123 and then load it up and turn the switch. I thought my unit was kaput, but just for giggles, I turned the battery around and low and behold, light!

Old school guy in a new school world. :-)
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:53:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, stripping down a 123 will work great in this unit. What I did find that was odd though, is the battery goes in backwards from how the DL 1/3Ns are indicated to be installed. Can't figure that one out? Just don't panic if you strip the plastic coating off a Surefire or Duracell 123 and then load it up and turn the switch. I thought my unit was kaput, but just for giggles, I turned the battery around and low and behold, light!

Old school guy in a new school world. :-)
View Quote

just looked and mine is in the correct way turning it around didn't work in my MK III
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top