Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/27/2015 10:04:13 AM EDT
Saw this and the seller swears it's an original experimental receiver for colt. I don't know anything about it. Info?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=479906785
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Wierd. sideways mag release button too.

My first reaction screams BS, but who knows. No markings makes it kinda hard to prove.

Looks like it got shat out of Catp. Crunch, so likely has DoD history, but can't speculate further than that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I am no expert but, I am going to have to call foul.  As pointed out the Mag Release button is off.  Also from best I can tell that roll mark circle is not a colt horse.  I would also expect a lower from colt to have a serial number and Hartford Roll mark.  If It were a colt I would expect the roll mark to be on the left hand side.  Its just too many variances...

My 2¢
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Saw this and the seller swears it's an original experimental receiver for colt. I don't know anything about it. Info?

View Quote

That's funny, that is a de-milled Rubberduck training rifle. It's like the one the guy posted on here about a couple weeks ago. Some used real uppers and barrels attached to plastic lowers. The sideways mag button gave it away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's funny, that is a de-milled Rubberduck training rifle. It's like the one the guy posted on here about a couple weeks ago. Some used real uppers and barrels attached to plastic lowers. The sideways mag button gave it away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/673346_Rubber_Duck_has_arrived.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:31:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This plus 1 Im calling rubber duck lower
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/673346_andamp_quot_Rubber_Duckandamp_quot__has_arrived.html

Here is the link.  It looks like we have a winner.  Now the question begs who milled it out and matched the upper??
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does appear to be an early lower used for a M16 training rifle (Rubber Duck) before they started using the solid plastic lowers. The recessed circles are just like the ones on my solid plastic Rubber Duck lower.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#9]
That's an interesting Duck variant. The ones we used were real barrels with the rest of the body injection molded around it. (as best I can recall). I even think ours had the M16 rollmarks from the original it was modelled from.

Then again, that was most of a lifetime ago for some of you, so my memory reserves the right to.... SQUIRREL!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's an interesting Duck variant. The ones we used were real barrels with the rest of the body injection molded around it. (as best I can recall). I even think ours had the M16 rollmarks from the original it was modelled from.

Then again, that was most of a lifetime ago for some of you, so my memory reserves the right to.... SQUIRREL!!
View Quote

Here is the whole thing.

The upper is all Colt. The bayonet is a M7 made by Imperial. It is a real D stock. The port door is an early version. I am going to change out the forward assist as soon as I get a pin for it. The chamber has been plug welded and it has no gas tube. I was ecstatic to get this Rubber Duck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice...

Dare I ask how much they typically go for?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice...

Dare I ask how much they typically go for?
View Quote

Depending on what version it is, they can be found from $75 - $250. These versions would have plastic molded bodies and metal barrels, all molded metal with plastic or bakelite stock, or completely molded plastic. I paid $275 shipped for the one I have and it is worth every penny. I have never seen another one like this.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree to this. I emailed the seller and he was actaully quite rude about it said he knew what he had and it came in a lot of demilled lowers. Told him it was an early rubber duck made out of plastic and he said that the rubber ducks were solid not hollow. I don't know I just hope no one gets taken advantage of if it sells
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I agree to this. I emailed the seller and he was actaully quite rude about it said he knew what he had and it came in a lot of demilled lowers. Told him it was an early rubber duck made out of plastic and he said that the rubber ducks were solid not hollow. I don't know I just hope no one gets taken advantage of if it sells
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess he did not know that not all of the Rubber Duck lowers were solid. I have seen some that had the ability to accept a magazine, but rounds could not be chambered.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Seller has a bogus Sterling 180 mag for sale as well, FYI.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now why does Bedford Indiana sound familiar?
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/673049_Bedford_IN_surplus_MOTHERLOAD_report_.html
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#17]
This is the one I just bought on GB, paid $100 for it, but it is the more common variant with a real barrel but I think everything else is rubber/plastic. It's from the early 80's

I haven't received it yet, hope it doesn't suck. I thought it had a good look, with the numbers and all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=479113388
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is the one I just bought on GB, paid $100 for it, but it is the more common variant with a real barrel but I think everything else is rubber/plastic. It's from the early 80's

I haven't received it yet, hope it doesn't suck. I thought it had a good look to it with the numbers and all.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=479113388
View Quote

That will be a neat piece to have. I am going to wall mount mine in my home office. I have already had some help with an idea of how to do it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Now I can't stop thinking about that song, "Convoy".
Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Now I can't stop thinking about that song, "Convoy".
Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck. You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen
View Quote

"Convoy" was the very first 'rap' song..... ;)
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know the seller personaly, but I have dealt with him a couple times buying selling, and trading and he has always come through. I saw this lower on another auction when he had other demils for sale and never discussed it with him, but in hindsight probably should have. I bought 2 XM 16 demils from him on an email deal and he came through. I know he has a few demils other than this one laying around.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't know the seller personaly, but I have dealt with him a couple times buying selling, and trading and he has always come through. I saw this lower on another auction when he had other demils for sale and never discussed it with him, but in hindsight probably should have. I bought 2 XM 16 demils from him on an email deal and he came through. I know he has a few demils other than this one laying around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well crap! I tried emailing him about the first lot of m16 demilled and never heard anything! I also sent him an email when they ended and heard nothing.... Oh well...
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#23]
He's added some text this afternoon.

Claims the receiver must be real because it "had a full-auto hammer and internal parts."

Since this is only the front half, I wonder where those full-auto parts were installed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#24]
And don't forget the RARE Colt experimental Roll/pivot pin.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He's added some text this afternoon.

Claims the receiver must be real because it "had a full-auto hammer and internal parts."

Since this is only the front half, I wonder where those full-auto parts were installed.
View Quote

Sounds like he is trying to BS people. If you noticed, the lower receiver was never made with a bolt catch either. As far as the full-auto parts, where is the other parts that contained them? This guy has no idea of what he is trying to sell.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And don't forget the RARE Colt experimental Roll/pivot pin.
View Quote

Someone should tell him they're not called rollpins because they rotate.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top