Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 8:02:11 PM EDT
Does anyone know who manufactures a faux retro AR 15 607 3.5" Moderator,  What I'm looking for is the type that the center of the front on the moderator has been counter bored.  The 607 is not to be confused with the XM177e2 which has the multiple flash ports around the business end of the moderator.  Brick1's moderators are flat and not counter bored at the front end.  Other than not being counter bored, I consider his 607s to be excellent.and exceptionally well made.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I had one of the "Brick" moderators. It came flat, what I did was have it put on a lathe and had it counterbored for that look. I say had, cause I misplaced it, and can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
His moderators are excellent.  I just would like to have one that has already been counter bored and parkerized. BTW, did you use the grenade ring with yours?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

His moderators are excellent.  I just would like to have one that has already been counter bored and parkerized. BTW, did you use the grenade ring with yours?
View Quote
Maybe, I don't remember right now. Chances are, you'll have to get it counterbored on your own. There's a fellow on here called John Thomas, he might be able to help since he basically does just about anything when it comes to retro parts.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
John is not making any 607s at the present time.  He stated that he might make a batch in the future.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

John is not making any 607s at the present time.  He stated that he might make a batch in the future.
View Quote
There's another member on here, called Stoner 25mkiv. He might be able to help you. Try and email him, he frequents the retro forum.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#6]
All hands to quarters for muster, instruction, and inspection.
Quoted:
Does anyone know who manufactures a faux retro AR 15 607 3.5" Moderator,  What I'm looking for is the type that the center of the front on the moderator has been counter bored.  The 607 is not to be confused with the XM177e2 which has the multiple flash ports around the business end of the moderator.  Brick1's moderators are flat and not counter bored at the front end.  Other than not being counter bored, I consider his 607s to be excellent.and exceptionally well made.  Thanks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#7]
not saying  you couldn't use a grenade ring, but why would you?  The originals never had a G ring, as you can't ........or they didn;t, anyway..........run a grenade launcher with a 10 inch barrel.   The 11.5 inch barrelled xm177e2 was the first with a grenade launcher, if I'm not mistaking.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Check your IM's
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally found someone (Tom Liemohn) that I believe will make me a faux 607 moderator that is as close to the original as possible.  Thanks to everyone  that took their time and  helped me in my search.  You're a great group of guys.   Again thanks.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top