Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
Has anyone ever purchased an upper \ lower receiver from NoDak Spud and had them perform the Battlefield Pick Up 'effect' on them? Any photos you could share?

I tried Google images but came up empty handed...

Thanks!

Mark
San Diego
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a set for my XM177E2 build.

I did this one myself. I was trying to match the wear on the upper.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
First was done by NDS, second was my own efforts.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:23:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I have and worth the charge.

As a matter of fact, the pictures of the upper and lower BFPU on the Nodak site are my components that Mike "aged"  prior to shipment.

Here's a few pics of that upper/lower in various configurations I've had it in over the years....

" />

" />

In it's current configuration (605 style with my version of green over faux brown bakelite furniture)...

" />

" />

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
ooops.....ETA:  not done by Nodak

NDS 601 lower distress with Scotchbrite, 0000 steel wool and Mothers mag polish.  The only parts artificially distressed here are the lower and repro sight wheel.
Last pic is same lower on a different upper.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm leaning toward having them do the treatment on my lowers I have ordered as well.  Well, whenever they finally get to my order.  Patience is a virtue, thankfully I can only buy a piece a month so makes it easier to wait.  Really looking forward to it
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top