Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/25/2015 12:28:11 PM EDT
I have only been an occasional browser on this site, but it did lead to my purchasing a "retro" semi-604 clone.  I had a parts list when I purchased it from the builder, but they got mis-placed in a move.  So as I move back into my focus on antique single shot rifles and pre-AR 15 mil-surp, I am trying to sell my black rifle.  Admittedly, I have no detailed knowledge of the various parts and what is "good" and what is "bad".  I have had several queries about details, but alas I am at a loss.  So I took the rifle down as far as I dare and looked for "signs" to guide me.

I am hoping you can tell me about some of these parts from descriptions, as I hate uploading to the "new and Improved" (sic) Photobucket site.

First the upper.  It has what looks like a bisected A below the sight adjustment.

Front sight base has what appears like a Four Leaf Clover with a 1 beside it.

Bottom of barrel has worn markings that "look like"  CMMC MPC 5.56 NATO 1/12.

Carrier group is stainless and unmarked.

Beyond that, I do not know where to look for anything else.  So what does the above tell you about my rifle?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
barrel sounds like an old "cmmg" "retro barrel"

upper sounds like "Anchor Harvey" forge but i wouldn't know who machined it.

"single shot rifles" go on (i like rolling block, falling block, ect. in 22 rimfire, .32 s&w, ect. i would throw away all my ar's if my prefered rifles were as cheap to build as ar's)
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics would be a BIG help.
For photos, lately I've been using picturetrail.com.
Really simple to use.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Tried Picturetrail.  Still not so simple.  I do better emailing photos.

Well, my special disease is Swedish rolling block rifles, both military and commercial.  I have a pile already and just reserved a couple of odd birds from an importer.  So if I sell the AR15, I can save some CC interest and cool stares from my CFO, er, wife.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=576598

The NDS lower is top notch, as is the cmmg barrel and YM bcg. The upper is a later commercial DPMS.
View Quote

Have you changed any parts since you bought it? If not, theres your answer on some of the major stuff
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top