BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok finally its my turn. It took me a while to learn to paypal. I bought 10 and the seller included an extra because he was called away on business for a week or something (which was unnecessary but awesome of him)

I felt them up and down first to check for waffles, I dont feel any.

So Ive got 11 mags to open. (Ill open as I write this)

1: Circle one mag in excellent shape!
2: Universal in good shape
3: Colt .223 with tape residue on the bottom, but otherwise very good condition
4: Just like #3 but no tape
5: Another circle one in good condition
6: Universal thats seen some use
7: ARMALITE!!!!!! (aluminum body) This mag has seen some use, and has a lot of masking tape residue on the floorplate, and there are fingerprints in glue on the mag....but its an Armalite marked mag!
8: Colt .223 in excellent shape
9: Colt 5.56 marked, looks to be unused. This one did not have the paper wrapper inside the foil
10: Universal, looks unissued. This mag had packing tape all over the paper wrapper.
11: Colt .223, used with spraypaint on the floorplate

TOTAL
Colt .223 mags: Six with two being Circle 1's.
Colt 5.56: One
Universal: Three
Armalite Colt: One

Pretty darn good haul
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Mag bodies of the Armalite (left) and both Circle 1 mags (middle / right)

The seven .223 marked mags. I find the variation in different colored baseplates and different sizes of text to be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn!  Suddenly I'm starting to feel let down!  

Glad to see some of you got lucky, though!
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn!  Suddenly I'm starting to feel let down!  

Glad to see some of you got lucky, though!
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet more armalite joy  and you got a good variety too  congrats ,
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:34:37 AM EDT
[#6]
This makes sense now with all the rare mags.  But then again it makes no sense.

I'm unaware of the DOD ever repackaging used mags ?  That's a first for me.
It almost looks like long ago someone sealed up a bunch of used mags to maybe get more money for them at gunshows.  Either way, good scores !
And no kittens were hurt or injured in opening up "used" mags.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I was sitting here on a rainy day with nothing to do and I thought hey I can open another sealed mag (aka scratch of lotto ticket ) .
I wasn't planning on opening any more because there was no way I could find any more armalite joy . First one plain colt 233 then OMG!
I can't believe this please don't kill me !
" />
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I was sitting here on a rainy day with nothing to do and I thought hey I can open another sealed mag (aka scratch of lotto ticket ) .
I wasn't planning on opening any more because there was no way I could find any more armalite joy . First one plain colt 233 then OMG!
http://<a href=http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/Rickysharon/image.jpg1_zpsrcarpjr1.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

I think you're putting us on

Ive said it once to you, and Ill say it again....congrats you bastard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:00:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b512/Rickysharon/image.jpg1_zpsrcarpjr1.jpg</a>" />

Thanks . This is the only luck I'm having  my a/c went out in both vehicles and house within a month
This one is well worn ,did  yours have any markings on the body ?  How do you tell if it has the correct body or follower ?
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 8:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks . This is the only luck I'm having  my a/c went out in both vehicles and house within a month
This one is well worn ,did  yours have any markings on the body ?  How do you tell if it has the correct body or follower ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd rather have a/c in Florida than armalite mags

Mine did not have any other markings on the body.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:39:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got that right . I  hope I don't have to sell them it ain't looking good around here .
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Gents,

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been traveling like crazy lately and just hadn't had the time to get back on here and check, or started and a kid jumped on me... Etc. Some of the comment had me laughing, but I'm glad I saw a couple winners in there! Especially the Armalite waffle! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I may potentially get my hands on more of these and now I feel like I have to open all of them! I'm kidding of course, this thread was great though! I'm glad you guys got some enjoyment out of all this. I'm not much of a retro guy (although I'm starting to lean a bit now), so I'm glad I was at least able to contribute to the community in a small way. Clearly I wasn't trying to get over on anyone, but I didn't want to get taken either.

HipShot, sorry if I didn't get back to you (I do have 1 message in my inbox). I had to clear my inbox several times and may have inadvertently deleted a message if I'd read it on my phone and it wasn't marked new still... Problem is I only have 2 of the Armalite personally and they're in the safe. This lot was purchased with a buddy and he got 2 as well. All the rest went out in the sealed packages. I have some mags left, but all opened and none are the Armalites, just the Colts (.223 & 5.56) & Simmonds Prec.

Thanks again to everyone that bought some and thanks for making this thread! Good to see some people made out pretty well!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Kalahnikid's magazines are well used. Has anyone ever seen used mags with all the anodizing worn off the bodies repacked for storage?

I'm curious to know who wrapped and bagged these and when.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Gents,

I'm so glad I found this thread! I've been traveling like crazy lately and just hadn't had the time to get back on here and check, or started and a kid jumped on me... Etc. Some of the comment had me laughing, but I'm glad I saw a couple winners in there! Especially the Armalite waffle! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! I may potentially get my hands on more of these and now I feel like I have to open all of them! I'm kidding of course, this thread was great though! I'm glad you guys got some enjoyment out of all this. I'm not much of a retro guy (although I'm starting to lean a bit now), so I'm glad I was at least able to contribute to the community in a small way. Clearly I wasn't trying to get over on anyone, but I didn't want to get taken either.

HipShot, sorry if I didn't get back to you (I do have 1 message in my inbox). I had to clear my inbox several times and may have inadvertently deleted a message if I'd read it on my phone and it wasn't marked new still... Problem is I only have 2 of the Armalite personally and they're in the safe. This lot was purchased with a buddy and he got 2 as well. All the rest went out in the sealed packages. I have some mags left, but all opened and none are the Armalites, just the Colts (.223 & 5.56) & Simmonds Prec.

Thanks again to everyone that bought some and thanks for making this thread! Good to see some people made out pretty well!

No worries! My fault for being late to the party....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top