User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just informed that my lower got to my FFL.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just getting around to going to my FFL in order to do my paperwork.  I then have to wait 10 days before I can pick up the lower.  It took me this long to do the paperwork because I've been super busy.  However, I did go to the range on Sunday and zeroed the upper wtih XM193 at 50 yards.  I was extremely pleased with the 5 shot groups I got.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Got to see my NODAK partial fence lower at my FFL today and complete needed paperwork. The lower is machined extremely clean and looks fantastic! I was very impressed with how nice the darn lower looked.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I then have to wait 10 days before I can pick up the lower.
View Quote

10 DAYS?

In which bastion of liberal Utopian ideals do YOU live?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#5]
We've got a 10 day wait out here in CA.  Dunno where the OP lives, but I know other states (NY/IL?) have similarly aggressive legislatures.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We've got a 10 day wait out here in CA.  Dunno where the OP lives, but I know other states (NY/IL?) have similarly aggressive legislatures.
View Quote

Illinois isn't that bad. Handguns are three-day and long guns are one-day waiting period, but that starts at time of purchase. Due to shipping times, my past transfers have essentially been no wait.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Yup, I live in the not-so-gun-friendly state of California.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm glad I live in a Free State.

Except my 3 day wait on a pistola is from the date of the transfer at the FFL.

Long guns no wait. Unless you ordered it off GB then you have to wait on shipping.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Finally had time to pick up my lower. The upper and lower are pretty close in color. It also seems like the fit is gonna be pretty good based on just putting the upper on the stripped lower. I will try to get pucs up, soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#10]
New pics in OP.

The color match was pretty good, but as others have said it's not a big deal if it wasn't, as these rifles had a tendency to be mismatched.

At this point all I need is a crush washer in order to time the DPMS FS so that I have two slots venting flash to the 11 and 2 o'clock positions instead of having a slot venting flash straight up at 12 o'clock.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New pics in OP.

The color match was pretty good, but as others have said it's not a big deal if it wasn't, as these rifles had a tendency to be mismatched.

At this point all I need is a crush washer in order to time the DPMS FS so that I have two slots venting flash to the 11 and 2 o'clock positions instead of having a slot venting flash straight up at 12 o'clock.

View Quote

3 prongs didn't use crush washers, you need a lock washer and they weren't timed.....they were simply hand tightened or a 3 prong tool was used.

BTW - VERY NICE!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Ahhh, okay.  Thanks for the information and compliment!  And I hope my LGS has a lock washer.

ETA: I'm amazed by the fit between the NoDak lower and the Colt upper.. There is absolutely NO PLAY between the upper and lower but the take down pin and pivot pin are easy to push out. That's a freaking first for me.  I was looking to buy a Colt lower for another build, but, honestly, now that I have first had experience with NoDak, I'm thinking of just going for another lower from them for my Colt 6720 upper.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:07:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Some quick completed pics in the op.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some quick completed pics in the op.
View Quote

It's dead sexy! Not that it isn't awesome already, wait until you install the 3 prong on it! It will look so sexy, I betcha anything that yu sleep within eye view of it for a couple nights.

BTW - Your upper came with a lock washer on the barrel the Birdcage Flash Hider is on, just reuse that lock washer to tighten down the 3 prong.   Damn fine rifle you got there!
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, HipShot! This rifle has exceeded my expectations in every aspect. As for the lock washer, I did't think I could re-use it. I'll be swapping out the FS tomorrow. This thing is awesome!

Thanks to everyone that helped, it is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks, HipShot! This rifle has exceeded my expectations in every aspect. As for the lock washer, I did't think I could re-use it. I'll be swapping out the FS tomorrow. This thing is awesome!

Thanks to everyone that helped, it is much appreciated!
View Quote

Your welcome and I enjoyed helping you turn a small pile of M-16 parts into a functoning kickass 604 and teaching you a thing or two along the way.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#17]
By the way, I'm gonna buy a 4x Colt scope that's in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:40:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

A 3x20 Hakko (Japanese) Colt scope would be more correct but whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A 3x20 Hakko (Japanese) Colt scope would be more correct but whatever floats your boat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? Lol. Well, the guy I'm talking to has several... . First world problems!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]
New pics, with 3-prong FS, in OP.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

NICE!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

NICE!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NICE!

Thanks, HipSh0T, as it means a lot coming from you!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#23]
That looks extremely good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks!!  I don't know if everything looks correct, but, man, she sure does look good to me!

UPDATE: 8/7/15  New pics with 3-prong FS

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Very nice !
Note To Self- Look for cool old 5.56 bandoleer : )
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow that is a damn fine lookin 604 there.  You should be proud,  great job
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Awesomeness has been achieved...as I predicted on page two.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 12:28:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Couldn't have done it w/out you guys! Thank you for all the help fellas!
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:03:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Couldn't have done it w/out you guys! Thank you for all the help fellas!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 2:18:37 AM EDT
[#30]
There's just something about these retro builds. Now, I kinda want a retro carbine!
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There's just something about these retro builds. Now, I kinda want a retro carbine!
View Quote

Well my friend, you have caught the sickness known as RBRD. I can already tell there is no hope for you to be cured
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well my friend, you have caught the sickness known as RBRD. I can already tell there is no hope for you to be cured
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you may be right, Geo!
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:08:27 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

My old upper that was buried under several feet of snow with me last winter..... I'm laughing now because I told you over the phone, "One day I'll look back at this and laugh."  Thanks for building such a fine rifle with my old upper, so I can laugh about that horrid transaction. "The ripped and soaked Money Order followed by 5 weeks of nonstop Snow Transaction."
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My old upper that was buried under several feet of snow with me last winter..... I'm laughing now because I told you over the phone, "One day I'll look back at this and laugh."  Thanks for building such a fine rifle with my old upper, so I can laugh about that horrid transaction. "The ripped and soaked Money Order followed by 5 weeks of nonstop Snow Transaction."
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That was an equipment exchange adventure!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Where can I find the appropriate sling for this rifle? And where's the best place to look for new sling swivels?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Where can I find the appropriate sling for this rifle? And where's the best place to look for new sling swivels?
View Quote

front or rear swivel? and proper sling for your 604?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, for my 604: both swivels and sling. Gracias!
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ebay for an OD Green seatbelt sling....could be labeled M1 Sling......all sling swivels....front and back are actually the same, just find a cheap one at Brownells or put out a WTB Ad in the EE for a sling swivel, most likely someone will give you one for free. I may even have some old take off swivels if you don't mind them kinda beat up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 10:28:36 PM EDT
[#42]
This is the only thing I could find regarding the sling: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NYLON-WEB-RIFLE-SLING-USGI-M1-MILITARY-OD-GREEN-Garand-shotgun-/281786839572?hash=item419bcdf214

ETA: Went ahead and ordered the sling.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ebay for an OD Green seatbelt sling....could be labeled M1 Sling......all sling swivels....front and back are actually the same, just find a cheap one at Brownells or put out a WTB Ad in the EE for a sling swivel, most likely someone will give you one for free. I may even have some old take off swivels if you don't mind them kinda beat up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that this is crazy, but I'm gonna end up buying some Colt sling swivels and two Colt rivets (in case I mess up the first go around) from Brownells.

Last question: What size is the roll pin for the rear sling swivel?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#44]
New pic of rifle with 4x scope in OP.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 11:32:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
New pic of rifle with 4x scope in OP.
View Quote

That is a fine looking job you've done on that build. A 604 any retrohead
would love to own.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 2:07:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks, GB! It's fun to shoot and it gets a lot of looks at the range.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top