Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2015 5:39:39 PM EDT
So like MANY of us, the afflicted, I have been COVETING everyone's 607 builds and secretly longing to build one my damn self.

Try as I might, the ever elusive 607 stock escaped my clutches for lo these past several years due to it's "unicorn poop" like rarity.

But I heard tell of the mythical "607 Stock Fairy" and regained hope that one day I TOO would be forced to build a 607! (OR more precisely a GX-5857 because of the U S Property mark.)

So one dark night, way back in December, I placed an old mottled A1 stock and a money order under my pillow as I was instructed and dreamt of the day when I would gamble and gallop through the woods of Frostproof with my very own GX-5857!

The next morning the stock and money order were GONE with a note saying "Patience is a Virtue. Good Things Com to Those Who Wait."  

A lesser man would have thought himself abused and robbed by the nocturnal creepster but I am a patient man of (relatively) good character and I left the fate of my future up to destiny!

Well yesterday morning when I awoke, there, under my pillow was a sight to behold! A "BRAND NEW" 607 STOCK OF MY VERY OWN!

The 607 Stock Fairy had very carefully wrapped the stock in his dirty support hose to protect the stock! (Pictures omitted because old Fairy Support Hose is a pretty disgusting thing!)

He CLAIMS there is some horrible flaw in the stock! Some huge gaping hole to hear him tell it!  I wouldn't have seen it but he FORCED me to use a magnifying glass and STARE intently at it for several minutes before the tiny thing became apparent! The 607 Stock Fairy even MILLED A REPLACEMENT SLING SWIVEL BASE because his IS all that and a bag of potato chips!

Now true to Retro Forum Form, the 607 Stock Fairy feels like he's let me down in some way and has offered to bend over backwards and grab his ankles to "make things right"!

He may have a cute wife but I'm sure HE'S not my type so I have TRIED to convince him that I am the HAPPIEST of CAMPERS!

Help me convince him that this thing is off the CHAIN beautiful!

So REMEMBER children, The 607 Stock Fairy is REAL, but only IF you believe him to be!

I DO believe! I DO believe! I DO believe! I DO believe!

NOW I've got to send a 80% out to Dr. Brace for a partial profiling and some GX engraving and then get it assembled! (and then of course mill the FCG pocket)

Now I REALLY wish someone did affordable anodizing! I have a BEAUTIFUL 604 upper that deserves this BEAUTIFUL stock and a beautiful lower to match!

I swear you guys are HARD on a man's wallet!

MANY MANY Thanks to the 607 Stock Fairy without whom this would have never been possible!

YOU know who you are! You Fairy!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice twice.....and beware of the 601 Troll
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#3]

but seriously..... I am very in the market
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice! I hope to own one some day.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]

SWEET !!!!!

Please keep us updated with this project.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice!

My 607 stock is matte black but I love the mottled look!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very nice!

View Quote

Which is why the 607 Stock Fairy will always have you pick out the stock you want, and place it under your pillow.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I don't know if he likes being called the "stock fairy".

But congratulations, young man. You have joined one of the most costly branches of our tree!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Gorgeous! Heh, Stock Fairy left me a crusty aluminum stock on my porch with a FL return address.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I must resist the urge you feind. Now you done it showed me that 607 stock. Oh man NFA SBR oh just take my money stock fairy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:46:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO... The damnedest thing is that this is exactly how I got my 607 stock! It really does work. I believe, I believe...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#12]
You have arrived
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:07:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Very nice twice.....and beware of the 601 Troll
View Quote

The 601 Troll keeps trying to suck me in. I'm still resisting with no problems. (cause I KNOW I can't afford it!)

Quoted:
Very nice!

View Quote

That time frame I think the mottled fits better. PLUS I LOVE SPECKLED PUPS!

Quoted:

Which is why the 607 Stock Fairy will always have you pick out the stock you want, and place it under your pillow.
View Quote

You are a wise Man!

Even with picking their own stock SOME people wouldn't be happy if you were hanging them with a brand new rope! I'm not that guy.

Thank you again Doctor Stoner!

Quoted:

But congratulations, young man. You have joined one of the most costly branches of our tree!
View Quote

The whole dayumed tree costs money!

AND I was told that when he first heard me call him the Stock Fairy he laughed so hard he shot milk (AND a peanut butter sandwich) out of his nose!

Quoted:
Gorgeous! Heh, Stock Fairy left me a crusty aluminum stock on my porch with a FL return address.
View Quote

I hope it didn't leave a stain on your porch!

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 6:09:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I must resist the urge you feind. Now you done it showed me that 607 stock. Oh man NFA SBR oh just take my money stock fairy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you truly believe, he will contact you.

Quoted:

LMAO... The damnedest thing is that this is exactly how I got my 607 stock! It really does work. I believe, I believe...

SEE? 5437 believed and his wish came true!

Quoted:
You have arrived

....at the ATM machine to make another withdrawal!

To all others seeking the holy grail it's kinda like the Great Pumkin.

HE will find YOU!

It's a labor of love done on his own free time. Yes he get's some money out of the deal but that's not his motivating factor.

He has no interest in cranking these out by the bushel so I haven't come right out and named him.

But if you BELIEVE in him and live a clean retro life he may contact YOU and make you an offer you can't refuse!

The talent on this forum is amazing!

THANK YOU SO MUCH 607 STOCK FAIRY!
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Might check with braceman. I think he is making a few prototype slip rings.
The ones with the round hump in the middle
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:35:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Getting older, i actually find it difficult to focus my attention to children's book style stories about adult things. I actually had to read the OP 4 times.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Getting older, i actually find it difficult to focus my attention to children's book style stories about adult things. I actually had to read the OP 4 times.
View Quote

I'll attempt to translate it into "adult" language for you.  I had posted some pics of 607 stock parts that I was working on.  Cal30M1 sent me a few emails after that posting asking how he might obtain one of those "rare as unicorn poop" stocks. Here in "retro" we refer to hard to get or rare parts as unicorns. You'd have to admit that finding unicorn poop might be more difficult to find than an actual unicorn...........hence the analogy to how rare 607 stocks are........and they aren't even originals, but repops.   So, I replied to Cal30 that if he would find/buy a type D stock that he was happy with he could send it to me for future work/completion into a 607.  I told him that he would have to have patience because it could be some time before I would get around to it. His patience was rewarded recently when he went to his mailbox and there it was..........his 607 stock.
 I have to say that I enjoyed his analogy to the tooth fairy, but maybe I'm not as old as I feel.   Sometimes, building a "hard to get parts for" retro is like a dream, and every once in a while they do come true.
Edit:  and while you might have found it difficult to focus your attention he did get you to read his post 4 times, so something must have caught your attention.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I'll attempt to translate it into "adult" language for you.  I had posted some pics of 607 stock parts that I was working on.  Cal30M1 sent me a few emails after that posting asking how he might obtain one of those "rare as unicorn poop" stocks. Here in "retro" we refer to hard to get or rare parts as unicorns. You'd have to admit that finding unicorn poop might be more difficult to find than an actual unicorn...........hence the analogy to how rare 607 stocks are........and they aren't even originals, but repops.   So, I replied to Cal30 that if he would find/buy a type D stock that he was happy with he could send it to me for future work/completion into a 607.  I told him that he would have to have patience because it could be some time before I would get around to it. His patience was rewarded recently when he went to his mailbox and there it was..........his 607 stock.
 I have to say that I enjoyed his analogy to the tooth fairy, but maybe I'm not as old as I feel.   Sometimes, building a "hard to get parts for" retro is like a dream, and every once in a while they do come true.
Edit:  and while you might have found it difficult to focus your attention he did get you to read his post 4 times, so something must have caught your attention.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I said all that? I was drunk with euphoria so I have NO clue what I wrote!

Hell I'm a garbageman not a writer! Morg and RTUtah are our resident writers!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top