AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It you're real impatient, grab an NDS 603 upper and remove the forge code to tide you over til you can find a real one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have to order an NDS lower and wait on a stamp so I don't need it now, I'm just impatient.

Going to see if I can get the lower ordered tomorrow, I tried to at one LGS yesterday and they wouldn't do it. Unless they are getting a big commission check they don't care if you buy anything or not, going to a hole in the wall tomorrow.

It you're real impatient, grab an NDS 603 upper and remove the forge code to tide you over til you can find a real one.

That's what I did, I cut the notch under the port door too
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still have to order an NDS lower and wait on a stamp so I don't need it now, I'm just impatient.

Going to see if I can get the lower ordered tomorrow, I tried to at one LGS yesterday and they wouldn't do it. Unless they are getting a big commission check they don't care if you buy anything or not, going to a hole in the wall tomorrow.

John Thomas does this work, he will remove you codes, rebate your port line, etc. Have you seen the 601 receivers he does from regular square forge 604's?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

John Thomas does this work, he will remove you codes, rebate your port line, etc. Have you seen the 601 receivers he does from regular square forge 604's?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No but I'm sure they're perfect.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Square Large Pad Port Door and XM Gray Slip Ring showed up today, I quickly installed these. I'm still waiting to receive my Many Circles Magazine Release Button and Colt Transitional Bolt Catch, (John Thomas made me a Repro to hold me over until I obtain a real Transitional Catch). I will post more pictures when the Many Circles Button, and real Transitional Bolt Catch are installed, I can't wait!

Picture is just for example, as I haven't received mine yet.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I had an issue with the USPS and they seemed to lose my Money Order for the Many Circles Mag Button, so I am sending a new one and will have it in my grubby mits next week. The real transitional bolt catch will be here on Monday 4/6, and luck would have it GeoBartlett needed a Transitional Bolt Catch for his XM16E1 in the works, so the repro will be in his hands next week.

It very well looks like I am going for a late 1964 Model 604 towards the end of this serial number range.

40,000-49,999
US Property marked US Air Force M16 Colt's Model 604.

Last thing to do on this project that I haven't covered yet, is swap the Stainless Steel Early Bend Gastube for a Carbon Steel Early Bend and use the Stainless Gas Tube on my 605 upper. (Next Project)
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Hip, really sweet rifle you built.  But, I have to ask, didn't the early 604's also have the Dimple Safety/Selector's on them?

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into your build, just asking.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hip, really sweet rifle you built.  But, I have to ask, didn't the early 604's also have the Dimple Safety/Selector's on them?

Not trying to throw a monkey wrench into your build, just asking.

View Quote

As early as I intended this build to be, it most likely would have started life with a Dimpled Selector. Which I have but decided not to use on this build, I figured some parts would have to have been changed out at some point or when the lower was built they happened to have the new selectors by then and this lower happened to get one. If it bugs me I will swap it out but for now I'm content with it as is, plus I have one dimpled selector left and I want to use it on the 605 build.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#8]
You've been Nurse Retro'd

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Nice Nurse.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 4:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nice Nurse.
View All Quotes

A Hot Nurse Smoking a Heater!
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think that's a syringe for what ails you....RBRD
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice nurse, but there's no cure for RBRD...
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
In my mind she is smoking a heater. Makes the whole picture just make sense, sexy nurse, relaxed, missing her leggings....
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In my mind she is smoking a heater. Makes the whole picture just make sense, sexy nurse, relaxed, missing her leggings....
View Quote

Hate to burst your bubble but it's a thermometer!

Yall young bloods just never seen one like that!

Careful! It may be a RECTAL thermometer! She LOOKS like she'd be a freak in the sheets!

(Of course she's in her 80's now. That's a WWII poster!)
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Careful! It may be a RECTAL thermometer! She LOOKS like she'd be a freak in the sheets!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grandma Nooooo!
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cool, you think they could track down an XM16E1 upper for me?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks to PrivateSnafu, I have a Many Circles Mag button on the way. It only took me 3 days to find a nice one. The only wear on the button is on the center and outer rings.

<a href="http://s236.photobucket.com/user/whiskey_024/media/IMG_1627-1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/whiskey_024/IMG_1627-1.jpg</a>

Was it the EE ad or the signature that got it?

Neither! It was a combo of help from m1sniper, Hal143, and boywonder that lead me to email him.

Cool, you think they could track down an XM16E1 upper for me?

Packaged arrved yesterday. I will bring it to work and go through the contents in my office. Keep you posted.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Super nice build, sir!
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks. Got a Carbon Steel Early Bend Gastube coming in from BenC that I'm putting on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 2:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I couldn't resist, I had to toss an Edgewater buffer in this beast, my Carbon Steel Early bend will be here Saturday and I will have the Edgewater Buffer  the end of next week. This build won't be a shooter, due to all the original parts in it and will go on display in my office in a homemade display case with a glass front. I have a 605 in the works that will be a fine shooter.

I promise updated pictures, after the Carbon Steel Early Bend and Edgewater go in....
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I promise updated pictures, after the Carbon Steel Early Bend and Edgewater go in....
View Quote

Make it soon, I been waiting long enough for more pictures
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks. Got a Carbon Steel Early Bend Gastube coming in from BenC that I'm putting on it.
View Quote

He asked that it be well protected when shipped.  I obliged.

FYI, The card board box from USPS is about 1/2" longer than a gas tube and ships cheaply.

Belle takes package security very seriously.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FYI, The card board box from USPS is about 1/2" longer than a gas tube and ships cheaply.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/BenjaminSC/Belle/IMG_20150521_124931_zpskhzbwcch.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/BenjaminSC/Belle/IMG_20150415_130405_zps8ji2fzdi.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/BenjaminSC/Belle/IMG_20150521_124931_zpskhzbwcch.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii153/BenjaminSC/Belle/IMG_20150415_130405_zps8ji2fzdi.jpg

I have the picture of Belle Guarding my Gas Tube on my Work Computer's Desktop Background.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Hipshot.  That, sir, is an excellently awesome rifle!!  Looks just like my grandpa's.  Good show!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hipshot.  That, sir, is an excellently awesome rifle!!  Looks just like my grandpa's.  Good show!!!
View Quote

That's what it looked like last month, wait until you see the new pictures coming when my last two upgrades arrive.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:39:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's what it looked like last month, wait until you see the new pictures coming when my last two upgrades arrive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. Picked up a few type d stock sets and one has a '65 serial number in a 604 block taped to it. Looks like I'll be building a 1965 604 now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Hipshot...please email me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hipshot...please email me.
View Quote

Email Sent
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Edgewater Arrived today for the 604 and the Carbon Steel Early Bend arrived Tuesday afternoon, these are the last two pieces I needed to upgrade. I will install them either tonight or tomarrow with of course more pics.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s236.photobucket.com/user/whiskey_024/media/_20150528_123426.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/whiskey_024/_20150528_123426.jpg</a>

Edgewater Arrived today for the 604 and the Carbon Steel Early Bend arrived Tuesday afternoon, these are the last two pieces I needed to upgrade. I will install them either tonight or tomarrow with of course more pics.
View Quote

I'll trade ya my early bend SS gas tube for your CS one. Even up, of course.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Had the 604 out this morning to install the CS Early Bend Gastube, Edgewater Buffer, and because it bothered 1NavyChief-RET so much, a Colt dimpled selector. I took a couple of pictures to show some of the upgrades that are on it now now compared to page 1.

The many circles mag button was a later upgrade, so is the largepad port door assembly.... These weren't installed on the first page along with the above mentioned pieces.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:45:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Tight as hell dude
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#32]

Your Early 604 looks GREAT, now that you have the dimpled Safety in place.  

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#33]

Ever any thought of doing an engraved 80% lower?

ETA: Or does Connecticut not allow them after the ban?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

We can do 80% lowers.. I'm not into the engravings on Nodak Lowers because they are high quality and let's face it, they will never be the real thing. This rifle is all 1960's original parts, right down to the pins, springs, and modded FCG...... Of course except the lower receiver. We can buy M16's here still, maybe one day when funds allow and timing is right, I will find a real XM16E1 lower. In the meantime I will be on the lookout for the front half of a demilled XM16E1 lower to have welded up to an 80% to use. As far as this build goes parts wise, it is finally complete.... Now it's time to finish the 605 and BFPU XM177E2.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We can do 80% lowers.. I'm not into the engravings on Nodak Lowers because they are high quality and let's face it, they will never be the real thing. This rifle is all 1960's original parts, right down to the pins, springs, and modded FCG...... Of course except the lower receiver. We can buy M16's here still, maybe one day when funds allow and timing is right, I will find a real XM16E1 lower. In the meantime I will be on the lookout for the front half of a demilled XM16E1 lower to have welded up to an 80% to use. As far as this build goes parts wise, it is finally complete.... Now it's time to finish the 605 and BFPU XM177E2.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent. Can't beat that kind of attention to detail.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top