Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/1/2015 4:49:04 PM EDT
I have a 20" gov profile BCM flat top complete upper. I was going to just throw a detach carry handle on it, but decided to convert it into an A2 like I was issued in the '90's.

Problem is the barrel extension has M4 feed ramps, and none of the A2 upper receivers specify if they have the M4 cuts. I know I can use a regular receiver with an M4 feed ramp barrel, but I'd prefer to have the corresponding cuts to maximize feed reliability. Anyone know of an A2 upper with M4 cuts, or do they all pretty much have the cuts these days? Thanks, Hamms.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a 20" gov profile BCM flat top complete upper. I was going to just throw a detach carry handle on it, but decided to convert it into an A2 like I was issued in the '90's.

Problem is the barrel extension has M4 feed ramps, and none of the A2 upper receivers specify if they have the M4 cuts. I know I can use a regular receiver with an M4 feed ramp barrel, but I'd prefer to have the corresponding cuts to maximize feed reliability. Anyone know of an A2 upper with M4 cuts, or do they all pretty much have the cuts these days? Thanks, Hamms.
View Quote

1.) check the a2 specific forum
2.) what you seek is a colt 6520 upper (pricey and semi hard to find). it was the begenning of the m4 carbine. it will be stamped with a "4" over the gas tube hole.

lastly you do not need m4 ramps on the receiver for this barrel to work, or you could cut the ramps yourself (this is what colt did with alot of their first uppers they
were an after thought and some were factory cut after the uppers were anodized)
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, fat finger clicked the forum above A2. Thanks for the Colt info, mods please move to the correct subforum.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Colt A2 upper with factory annodized M4 ramps from Fidelis Firearms a few years ago. Not sure of they have any more.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#4]
i have one i may part with. send me a email
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought a Colt A2 upper with factory annodized M4 ramps from Fidelis Firearms a few years ago. Not sure of they have any more.
View Quote

I'm not sure that their inventory has recovered from post Sandy Hook. They used to have a lot of interesting older stuff listed but I haven't seen much like that in the past 2 years.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:56:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 3. All from different sources but all cerro forged.

1. Colt 6520 cerro

2. Bushmaster M4A2 cerro (M4A2 was Bushey's name for the carbine because of the fixed handled upper)

3. M@A Sales A2 upper, complete. cerro

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

man i forgot all about these guys thanks for reminding me.
shows they have colt m4 magpul lower in stock for $499
not my taste, but damn good deal if someone needed one
of those
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it wrong to want a gray flat top?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait a few years - it'll turn grey.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean I've already GOT a nice gray A2 upper I picked up!

I'd have to find a nearly FREE flat top to justify it because it would HAVE to be sent out to be anodized.

This black C7 upper I got bothers me! I have NO clue why I even bought it!

I'm doomed. I SHOULD have been buying M855!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]
From a site sponser even!

Used one in my lightweight A2 Carbine build, works/looks great! Appear to be currently out of stock
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top