BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2015 2:41:02 AM EDT
Gunbroker Not mine.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#1]
the complete assembly is a dpms one but the sliding stock assembly on the bottom looks original.  not a bad price if the parts can be interchanged.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks LL.  I don't know a thing about those except they seem to require some labor to do a nice Turnerboy job and there should be a few incomplete builds floating in retroland..  Another guy has a barrel assembly I'm sure you've seen but I don't spend that much on match rifles.  I quit looking for retro at Colt page 6.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Real M231 FPW did not have a buffer or spring that looked like that.  This looks like regular carbine stuff.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Real M231 FPW did not have a buffer or spring that looked like that.  This looks like regular carbine stuff.
View Quote

correct, the assembly is a dpms aftermarket one.  the bracket on the bottom is original.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
the complete assembly is a dpms one but the sliding stock assembly on the bottom looks original.  not a bad price if the parts can be interchanged.
View Quote

I'd be tempted to get a wire stock assembly for my M231 clone if it wouldn't make it an SBR.  

It just seems silly to spend $200 to Form 1 and M231 lower that I can't really use any other upper on (or, I suppose, wouldn't really want to) - but it also seems... unkosher to pin and weld a muzzle device on an original barrel.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd be tempted to get a wire stock assembly for my M231 clone if it wouldn't make it an SBR.  

It just seems silly to spend $200 to Form 1 and M231 lower that I can't really use any other upper on (or, I suppose, wouldn't really want to) - but it also seems... unkosher to pin and weld a muzzle device on an original barrel.  

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

heh, that's the curse of rbrd.  most of what we do is silly to everyone else.  i like to see people's reactions when i tell them how much i paid for a bolt catch, flash hider, barrel or buffer.  they get all confused.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

~Augee

Augee, with all the great toys you have it would only be fitting for you to buy a surplus MRAP. Surely they have a port hole that you could mount your 231 in.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Augee, with all the great toys you have it would only be fitting for you to buy a surplus MRAP. Surely they have a port hole that you could mount your 231 in.
View Quote

Ewwww....  MRAP...

It'd be cool to get a ball socket from an M2, though, and mount it in the window like an A/C unit.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, Its a DPMS..

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
double
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crapola!

I think I paid something like $39.99 for mine from DPMS.

They couldn't give those things away at the time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ewwww....  MRAP...

It'd be cool to get a ball socket from an M2, though, and mount it in the window like an A/C unit.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ewwww....  MRAP...

~Augee

I was thinking more like a Volkswagen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ewwww....  MRAP...

~Augee

driver and passenger windshield, lower left side of it.. on a HMMWV.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top