Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2014 2:10:54 AM EDT
I have a type D right now that I mostly like. I find the buttpad to be somewhat slippery. Is a type E any better? Can I use an A2 buttplate on a type E and keep the same LOP? Finally, is a type E any useful for storing a cleaning kit?  I will never need it, but I like the thought of having one in there.

I read somewhere that pulling the type D pad off and trying to install a Type E buttplate is a great wy to ruin a stoxk.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a type D right now that I mostly like. I find the buttpad to be somewhat slippery. Is a type E any better? Can I use an A2 buttplate on a type E and keep the same LOP? Finally, is a type E any useful for storing a cleaning kit?  I will never need it, but I like the thought of having one in there.

I read somewhere that pulling the type D pad off and trying to install a Type E buttplate is a great wy to ruin a stoxk.
View Quote

you can use an A2 buttplate on a type E.  the storage compartment is around the same size if not exactly the same as an A2 so you can store a standard cleaning kit in it.

yeah removing the pad on a D is a bad idea.  you'll have the problem of the expanding foam and if you get past that, you'll have to improvise a solution for the sling swivel and screw.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It may seems slippery, but I suggest you shoot it first, and with LBE or a LBV on. It comes to the shoulder very readily. I prefer it over the Type E or the squarer A2 buttpad...or the CAR stock for that matter. They are fantastic mounted on carbines with a GP sling.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:37:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are fantastic mounted on carbines with a GP sling.
View Quote

PREACH it Brother Morg!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

PREACH it Brother Morg!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are fantastic mounted on carbines with a GP sling.

PREACH it Brother Morg!

What's he saying?   He like the "D" on a carbine?   Whodathunkit?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot it, it shoots well. I just don't find it grippy and I like the thought of stowing a rod, CLP,  brushes, etc. I like all my rifles to have the right cleaning kit, bayonet, and sling. I know technically LSA is more appropriate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've shot it, it shoots well. I just don't find it grippy and I like the thought of stowing a rod, CLP,  brushes, etc. I like all my rifles to have the right cleaning kit, bayonet, and sling. I know technically LSA is more appropriate.
View Quote

Empty LSA bottle. Refill with CLP.

We won't tell if you don't!
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually have a bunch of tiny CLP bottles. My dad acquired a bunch of the 1oz ones.

He actually liked to acquire extras of everything, so I want to use his extra USGI-ed to him cleaning kit.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top