Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/27/2014 12:09:08 AM EDT
Well, I've jumped into the retro game. Just received a VGC M16 A1 kit from royal tiger imports. I have a couple questions: I am planning on adding the green mountain 20 barel with 1/12 twist.  From my research this is correct for a A1 clone...correct?  Also, I am sorting all the parts and wondered if there is a parts list somwhere so they I can make sure everything was included in my shipment.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 1:43:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be able to find lots of good info in here;
http://www.ar15.com/content/guides/parts/
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Well, I've jumped into the retro game. Just received a VGC M16 A1 kit from royal tiger imports. I have a couple questions: I am planning on adding the green mountain 20 barel with 1/12 twist.  From my research this is correct for a A1 clone...correct?  Also, I am sorting all the parts and wondered if there is a parts list somwhere so they I can make sure everything was included in my shipment.  Thanks in advance!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, that's just what I need.  Hope is abandoned, I've already started looking at building a shorty next.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
So to clarify, would the green mountain barrel be period correct?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So to clarify, would the green mountain barrel be period correct?
View Quote

Yes it is. It is 1/12 like the original barrels and like the 55g M193.

I prefer the 1/9 barrel from ARSport so I have a wider menu of ammo to choose from.

Externally original "looking" but with a faster twist to spin heavier bullets.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
IIRC the Green Mountain is chrome lined, the ARSport is not. And as Cal30 says GM is 1:12 twist, same as M16 that saw service in the 60's. Both barrels are .650" under the FSB, and have the right profile elsewhere. Not sure which one shoots best, but the ARSport may have an edge

Good luck
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC the Green Mountain is chrome lined, the ARSport is not. And as Cal30 says GM is 1:12 twist, same as M16 that saw service in the 60's. Both barrels are .650" under the FSB, and have the right profile elsewhere. Not sure which one shoots best, but the ARSport may have an edge

Good luck
View Quote

I have 2 of the 1 / 12 arsport barrels. Chrome lined and shoot nice. Recommended. They both are stamped with a G leading me to think they are in fact green mtn barrels as well.... Ive read others say the same thing.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top