Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2014 3:31:37 PM EDT
BAKELITE, RED BROWN ORIGINAL PGs -

First one is nice-  271671911074

Second is not as pristine but less-  161486033712
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First is for a brown grip, one with recessed checkering it appears. Nice. But too rich for me.

Second auction number is for an M16 manual from 1977.

I think THIS is the link you intended to post -

Reasonable number so far. Seems to be one of those from Numrich that were painted light green a while back.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yessir, YankeeV, I tripped up.  Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention and correcting my mistake.  Sorry for any confusion and much obliged to you, sir.

Thanx,

Hannibal
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yessir, YankeeV, I tripped up.  Thank you very much for bringing it to my attention and correcting my mistake.  Sorry for any confusion and much obliged to you, sir.

Thanx,

Hannibal
View Quote

Your welcome. That second auction may get some interest here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First is for a brown grip, one with recessed checkering it appears. Nice. But too rich for me.

Second auction number is for an M16 manual from 1977.

I think THIS is the link you intended to post -

Reasonable number so far. Seems to be one of those from Numrich that were painted light green a while back.
View Quote

don't think it's the fully recessed checkering.  most 601 grips are raised at the top and recessed at the bottom.  only a few i've run across are fully recessed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
For anyone interested in the 6 holers the seller has, they are NOT Colt, just FYI.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Are the hands guards a good sub for the originals or are is there a better choice?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Another retro item of interest on Ebay, a Colt 601 bipod and case.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Just a reminder that while Numrich is out of the Handguards and Stocks that we had a run on a while ago, they still have pistol grips for sale for $30.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1429960.htm
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just a reminder that while Numrich is out of the Handguards and Stocks that we had a run on a while ago, they still have pistol grips for sale for $30.
View Quote

FYI these are all stripped down to brown. Works for some people but I ordered 3 and they are all pretty beat up and brown just a heads up.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a couple from Numrich a while back. They were in Ok shape, and mostly green. But the paint was a lighter shade, and pretty easy to remove. Probably not the original 601 green stuff.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

FYI these are all stripped down to brown. Works for some people but I ordered 3 and they are all pretty beat up and brown just a heads up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they are cheap but shouldn't set the market. Someone mentions these every time a good shape grip is advertised somewhere.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Fair point JHud, but I don't think Market is $150 for a grip. . .

Could be wrong though.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top