Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2014 6:50:52 AM EDT
There has from time to time been some interest in such things in our little establishment.

Be sure to read the comments.

Your link

By the way, if you aren't reading this guy's blog on a daily basis, you're missing some good stuff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
WOW. Great link man! I had no idea that blog even existed. I spent some time looking at the SAW history - I had no idea the XM106 barrel was removable in that way, or that it pioneered essentially what became the M231s open bolt mechanism. Very cool stuff. IIRC at least one team of the RTs who made combat jumps favored Uzis because they were so compact. Jumping into triple canopy is never a good idea, so I'm guessing they only operated in more open terrain. It might be a good way to insert over the border...I really need to buy Plaster's SOG book again. Had it years ago and gave it away when I moved west.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:33:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always wondered what happen to some of the HALO guys that jumped from our Blind Bat  C130's up north in 1967 & 68.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have always wondered what happen to some of the HALO guys that jumped from our Blind Bat  C130's up north in 1967 & 68.
View Quote

Extra dangerous for those guys since they had to jump with wheelbarrows to carry their giant brass balls around in too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Extra dangerous for those guys since they had to jump with wheelbarrows to carry their giant brass balls around in too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. RIght? Holy crap, those guys had stones.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top