Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2014 9:09:34 PM EDT
Is there some trick to this I can't understand?

No, I don't have the tool, either. I used to have one, but I think I gave it away with the last rifle I sold that had A1 sights, which was like 4 years ago.

Funny how that works.

Supposedly you can turn the rear sight using a cartridge or whatever, but mine won't turn at all.

Making it kind of hard to rotate the rear drum so I can drive the roll pin out and replace the tiny A1 aperture with an A2.

It is a brand new upper, so I dunno if it's just stubborn because it hasn't been turned since it left the factory or what, but this is kind of aggravating.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Put you a drop of machine oil under it, but really you should buy a tool. Worth it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
in the meantime you can use a screwdriver to turn it and a bullet tip to depress the lock.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
in the meantime you can use a screwdriver to turn it and a bullet tip to depress the lock.
View Quote

All you really need is a single 5.56 round. I would not scratch up mine with a screwdriver personally - I mean, I like the BTDT look, but it has it's limits.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Put you a drop of machine oil under it, but really you should buy a tool. Worth it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the whole rifle is going to get rattlecanned anyway, so I don't think a scratch would matter much.

The whole thing is a $650 beater carbine anyway.

I'll give it a shot of oil and let it sit overnight, maybe it'll feel like moving in the morning.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All you really need is a single 5.56 round. I would not scratch up mine with a screwdriver personally - I mean, I like the BTDT look, but it has it's limits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

theres a screw head opposite the adjuster so how exactly would you scratch it?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:37:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds interesting, can you post some pics of it before you paint it?  

Quoted:
Well the whole rifle is going to get rattlecanned anyway, so I don't think a scratch would matter much.

I'll give it a shot of oil and let it sit overnight, maybe it'll feel like moving in the morning.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure, I'm picking the lower up from my FFL in about two hours anyway, and it'll take less than an hour to get the lower parts kit in and everything.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyway, here you go.

$350 EE special never-fired RO723 clone upper
$50 PSA blem'd A2 Lower
$109 PSA lower build kit
$100 PSA no-logo BCG/CH

$610, not counting shipping or transfer on the lower.

It's got one of them 1/7 twist DSA 14.5" M4 barrels with a perm'd A2X hider.

Not really retro retro, but you asked so there it is.

Needs one of them repro CAR stocks, I think. And maybe an A1 grip. It did come with both a set of 6-hole and 7-hole Carbine handguards, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice looking Carbine. A2 grip is the technically correct grip, but I hate them, so I'd forgive you for changing it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:33:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I know a guy on the EE who has perfect A1 PG's for that carbine... cough......**me**.....cough......
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top