Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 4:37:46 PM EDT
Building a m16a1 lower trying to find colt marked non dimpled small pin lower parts, pins,detents, springs, bolt catch, magazine catch etc.. Minus FCG have not had much luck searching the EE. I have seen some with the FCG but have no need for the full auto parts. I have a Colt A1 grip and a colt no tick selector on its way so far. I know I can use any cheap LPK from numerous dealers and I know no one would be the wiser and it would work just fine but this retro lower is for me and my collection only  and I really want colt parts. If any one has suggestions leeds or places to look I would be thankful. I have been looking for weeks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a new Colt LPK and use the Navel Jelly trick on the parts that show.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you checked Apex Gun Parts, whatacountry.com, or Sarco?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you checked Apex Gun Parts, whatacountry.com, or Sarco?
View Quote

Why yes I have Arkar thanks for asking. Was Hoping for options I haven't found I  guess I should have listed what places I have checked so far. That's my fault sorry if my post wasn't more clear.

And if those are my best bets outside the EE are they reliable I.E. Apex or what a country ?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Ok cool site for colt parts thanks Harlan.  I have a side question to current production colt parts are the colt markings on them different than lets say 70's era colt marked M16A1 parts ??
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ok cool site for colt parts thanks Harlan.  I have a side question to current production colt parts are the colt markings on them different than lets say 70's era colt marked M16A1 parts ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

current production colt parts are different.  they are subcontracted out now so you'll see varying marks on them like the S in a square.  same you find in many commercial LPKs.

70s era colt should have the main parts like FCG and bolt catch colt stamped.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

HA!  The only problem is they probably don't have them.  They list everything in Colt's catalog but unless they can scrounge up a minimum order, they won't have them.  But it's fun imagining.  

He does have Colt part kits, prepare to get reemed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

current production colt parts are different.  they are subcontracted out now so you'll see varying marks on them like the S in a square.  same you find in many commercial LPKs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool that helps a lot really appreciate the info and site so far.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

HA!  The only problem is they probably don't have them.  They list everything in Colt's catalog but unless they can scrounge up a minimum order, they won't have them.  But it's fun imagining.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not going for the colts part kits

Well the reason I have been on the hunt is the fun I have just as much looking for the exact parts I want as I do building my rifles. I know everyone does not have the same budget or has to save up for a while. And I will wait if I need to find them. From a lot of the posts on arf when people discuss parts a lot of responses is to just go with the cheapest that's reliable and that will work for a particular persons application. some want to get as close as legally and available parts for a retro or modern retro as a person can get. For me I want older period correct colt small parts. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I guess I never have seen the difference between modern marks and 70s' ish marks on colts parts. Thanks boywonder777
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
You may meet with weeks of frustration and find nothing on the EE nfor a whilt, and not exactly what you want at the commercial sites. Then within days or hours it all comes together. Checkbook permitting.

The product reflects and is all about the hunt.

Good hunting
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Also keep your Credit Card handy and hit Gunbroker......They don't call it Gunbroker for nothing, you sit down looking for a gun and you walk away broker than you started...Gun or No Gun. [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well the reason I have been on the hunt is the fun I have just as much looking for the exact parts I want as I do building my rifles. I know everyone does not have the same budget or has to save up for a while. And I will wait if I need to find them. From a lot of the posts on arf when people discuss parts a lot of responses is to just go with the cheapest that's reliable and that will work for a particular persons application. some want to get as close as legally and available parts for a retro or modern retro as a person can get. For me I want older period correct colt small parts. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I guess I never have seen the difference between modern marks and 70s' ish marks on colts parts. Thanks boywonder777
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specialized does get those parts but only when he's rebuilding department and military firearms.  He has little interest in those parts and in the past most have ended up in his junk bin to be disposed of when he gets around to it.  I do enjoy sifting through the junk bin.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Isn't that the truth about GB I was on there a few month ago looking for a.r.m.s parts and ended up buying a new  Kimber custom TLE II 10mm pistol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Check with Cdenmark, I bought an M16 LPK from him a week or so ago, I think he had two more left last I checked.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check with Cdenmark, I bought an M16 LPK from him a week or so ago, I think he had two more left last I checked.
View Quote

I saw his post he had three of them never thought of asking him if he would leave the full auto parts out. I think they are sold or are SPF
Thanks though

I know some parts are harder to come buy or the prices have went up since the  scarce  amounts have been bought up for xtras or horded waiting for prices to skyrocket again at some point, but who knows just keep on looking. It seems most websites the have the kits don't want to part them out separately the only two I saw was what a country and apex. I figure someone on here would have a site that doesn't show up in the usual googling searches. So far everyone here has been helpfull. Been putting this rifle together all year as my way for me to honor fellow soldiers that are in the teams I worked with. And if anyone asks I was never in any teams etc.. I just worked with a lot of them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Where are you in IL?

The best deals on retro stuff I've ever gotten were in local sales. Classifieds, armslist, etc.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where are you in IL?

The best deals on retro stuff I've ever gotten were in local sales. Classifieds, armslist, etc.
View Quote

Don't always have a lot of time at home I travel so much that I spend most of my time in Chicago, and yes I live in Illinois.

I tried the WTB page no dice on most parts but  I did get a very nice A1 grip from there.

I have a arf member that is dealing with me now I think they have what I want Thank you so much for everyone's help.

One post helps to get help for parts too.

If I get anything I don't need I will definitely pay it forward.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey, I might know a guy.. Im me
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, I might know a guy.. Im me
View Quote

Thanks jhud sent you a im
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top