Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 7:32:16 AM EDT
I'm looking for the name of the company who does retro work.  I know he's a retired Air Force Captain, but can't find any reference in my files.  He's been mentioned on this board many times.  Can someone give me a direction on this?  I want some work done and recall a lot of positive reviews.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for the name of the company who does retro work.  I know he's a retired Air Force Captain, but can't find any reference in my files.  He's been mentioned on this board many times.  Can someone give me a direction on this?  I want some work done and recall a lot of positive reviews.

Thanks,
View Quote

John Thomas, here's his website with contact info, his work is second to none.

Here You Go

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 for JT
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#3]
JT is a god here in retro land.  He will do a great job, only charge a reasonable amount for his work and do fast turnaround.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks very much, guys.  And a little good news to add... My FFL application is in work.  Soon, I'll be able to take in lowers and complete rifles for work!

John Thomas
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Perfect.  Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks very much, guys.  And a little good news to add... My FFL application is in work.  Soon, I'll be able to take in lowers and complete rifles for work!

John Thomas
View Quote

It will pay for itself in the first month  That's great news .
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
With the 01FFL, does that allow JT to fix a 80% lower that someone jacked up or whatever? Or would you need a manufacturing license for that kind of work?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

With the 01FFL, does that allow JT to fix a 80% lower that someone jacked up or whatever? Or would you need a manufacturing license for that kind of work?
View Quote
I think he is going for the 07, don't quote me. I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Another +1 for John Thomas. I have another M16A1 parts kit waiting for pick up at my local Post Office John recently completed work on. Excellent communications, workmanship, pricing and rapid turn around time. Can't say enough positive remarks about his business. I'll have a review sometime next week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

LIKE.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

2 thumbs up!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

Fan"freaking"tastic!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

Excellent .
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#15]
WA-Tom the former owner of Total Silence is back in business, his website is Liemohnmfg.com

He helped me with my DOE build and currently with my XM607 build. He's got an FFL 7/10 and class 2 SOT now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#16]
There are several good guys with some awesome talents when it comes to doing work on ARs that I can't do myself. I have used a couple for barrel work and engraving that are tops in my book.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
In Summary:  I emailed John Thomas after reading the responses to the thread.  I sent him the barrel, fsb, etc and had it back in one week (from the time I mailed it).  Very pleased.  I would recommend him without hesitation.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

John Thomas
View Quote

thats a step for the better, i too am trying to get a ffl soon maybe a sot.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In Summary:  I emailed John Thomas after reading the responses to the thread.  I sent him the barrel, fsb, etc and had it back in one week (from the time I mailed it).  Very pleased.  I would recommend him without hesitation.
View Quote

I had him do some barrel work for me as well (non-retro)  Top notch service with very reasonable rates.

two BIG thumbs up!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I sound like a broken record (that's a Retro music device for you youngsters), but JT is fantastic. Great work/pricing/turnaround/communications/service.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top