Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 1:45:22 AM EDT
Not mine / no affiliation.  The guy's had this listed on a PA site for $1600.  He must have gotten frustrated at the lack of responses, though, because a few hours ago, he dropped it to $1,200.
From the limited pics, it looks nice.  I'd be interested, but just got one a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Still too high. At todays prices, I just bought a new AR6720 for $799, and you can get a new LE6920 for well under $1K if you look.

Anything over $1000 is too much for that rifle imo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn you ol gunner!

My general rule on them is if they are $1200 or less I'm a  buyer. I have owned three and kept one but now I'm thinking of another
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Still too high. At todays prices, I just bought a new AR6720 for $799, and you can get a new LE6920 for well under $1K if you look.

View Quote

Your right and wrong at the same time, Collectibles like SP1's and the SP1 Carbine epecially do nothing but increase in value as time goes by, and the SP1 Carbine wasn't produced in huge numbers so while not super rare they are semi rare in original condition. The new production Colts are cheap because the market is flooded at the moment, less quality guns like Ilion, NY made Bushmasters are being sold in New England for just over $600.00 for complete M4's and Brownells is selling Bushmaster BCG's for $50-$60 and BM stripped lowers for $49.99, that's just one company. Even BCM is feeling the effects from this market as they are ofering free $160.00 BCM BCG's and also Free BCM Mod-0 Compensators worth $90.00 each with the purchase of any of their complete upper receiver assemblies.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Your right and wrong at the same time, Collectibles like SP1's and the SP1 Carbine epecially do nothing but increase in value as time goes by, and the SP1 Carbine wasn't produced in huge numbers so while not super rare they are semi rare in original condition. The new production Colts are cheap because the market is flooded at the moment, less quality guns like Ilion, NY made Bushmasters are being sold in New England for just over $600.00 for complete M4's and Brownells is selling Bushmaster BCG's for $50-$60 and BM stripped lowers for $49.99, that's just one company. Even BCM is feeling the effects from this market as they are ofering free $160.00 BCM BCG's and also Free BCM Mod-0 Compensators worth $90.00 each with the purchase of any of their complete upper receiver assemblies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link please, I did google, did not find it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Ummmmmmmmmm. That looks like a lower receiver, not a BCG.   Still not a bad price on the lower though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Ummmmmmmmmm. That looks like a lower receiver, not a BCG.   Still not a bad price on the lower though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here's the correct link....Sorry I misread his post. I was a little off on the prices of the BM BCG's they are $74 shipped not $60.00.

Bushmaster BCG Sale Brownells

They are $79.99 and with Brownells 7.5% off sale and their free shipping promo code GS4 or ED7 it comes to $74.00 even to your door. You have to call to get the 7.5% discount, for their 75th Anniversary they are offering the 7.5% off all orders over $50.00 but don't take it off online purchases and you gotta talk to a customer rep to get the discount (800-741-0015).
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Here's the correct link....Sorry I misread his post. I was a little off on the prices of the BM BCG's they are $74 shipped not $60.00.

They are $79.99 and with Brownells 7.5% off sale and their free shipping promo code GS4 or ED7 it comes to $74.00 even to your door. You have to call to get the 7.5% discount, for their 75th Anniversary they are offering the 7.5% off all orders over $50.00 but don't take it off online purchases and you gotta talk to a customer rep to get the discount (800-741-0015).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still a good deal at that price, thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I assume you didn't note what forum we're in!  

Yeah, it's a great time to be buying ARs right now.  I've bought a couple this month that I really don't need, but I can't pass up quality equipment (Noveske and Larue) at ridiculously low prices.

Still, it's only recently where I've found a couple nice SP1 carbines down at this price range and for retro fans and Colt collectors, they're worth a premium.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice heads up on SP-1 carbine.  Tough not to look hard at that one.  

BM has been selling their wares on the cheap forthe  last few months through various vendors.  Brownell's is as good as any vendor out their and a site participant.  Also check Sarcoinc for BM barrels and CDNN from week to week for their specials.  This week Sarco $125 for BM,  M-4 chrome lined 16" barrel assembly less tube and HG's.  Last month CDNN same for $119.95.  Great time to buy current production AR pieces.  As stated above by OP,  might want to go up the ladder a bit for higher tier quality but BM is as good as most any low tier mfg.  I'm kinda waiting for Black Friday.  Site vendors like Primary Arms usually roll out the red carpet.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top