Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 8:31:21 AM EDT
What kind of iron sights does everybody use on their retro-rebuilds?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Running standard A1 rear sights on my A1 clone with an A2 front sight post... heard but can't confirm of guys running the O-2 sights on their A1s and carbines, that come on the A2.  Are you thinking of running something exotic for a front sight post or rear sight aperture?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Running standard A1 rear sights on my A1 clone with an A2 front sight post... heard but can't confirm of guys running the O-2 sights on their A1s and carbines, that come on the A2.  Are you thinking of running something exotic for a front sight post or rear sight aperture?
View Quote

Something to make the front sight more visible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Since I'm not a strict Retro guy, I use A2 apertures on my A1's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sightlink makes a front sight with a fiber optic and I like it a lot.

Comes with multiple colors and enough fiber optic to change it out dozens of times.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#5]
This looks like a fun and functional retro-rifle upgrade. And correct too. This is straight from the pages of my M16, M16A1 manual printed in 1985. A set of these sights would quite possibly the ultimate retro accessory!!!!

" />

" />

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Straight out of my years in the 101st when our M4s had no optics, I present you....White out.  Paint the tip or the whole thing, you can't go wrong...try different colors of model car paint if your want..only person that has to know is you
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top