Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2014 5:29:35 PM EDT
I bought two of these yesterday. One is complete, the other no so much. I was told one works.. How would you know other than to calibrate it?
One of the more unique items Ivr came across. The guy had a 3rd in poor condition  and a "model 1" mine detector.
I never have seen these before. I paid 190 for both of them. I figure you guys would enjoy it.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Metal detector store might could check calibration.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 6:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
fugliest toes I've ever seen in a pic...........where are your shoes man?   Cool find. Those remind me of stuff my dad used to bring home from the state capitol. There was a gov't surplus facility that he was able to buy chit from..........all kinds of neat stuff in the day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

fugliest toes I've ever seen in a pic...........where are your shoes man?   Cool find. Those remind me of stuff my dad used to bring home from the state capitol. There was a gov't surplus facility that he was able to buy chit from..........all kinds of neat stuff in the day.
View Quote

He's wearing what my boys refer to as "dick shorts" roughly translated to mean your loose around the house gym type shorts that give you the freedom Jimmah and the twins need!

SERIOUSLY cool swag! For some dumb reason I've always wanted one of those! (The mine detector. Not the feet!)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Calibration is easy.

Turn it on.

Does sing when you run it over steel.

Done
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
pfft, everyone knows the real army mine detector is a couple 12B's with chop sticks crawling around on their stomachs. What you have there is known as a bullet magnet
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I can deal with this if its just a metal detector.

Pretty much at this point I am only doing work that allows me to go sockless and not shave, or waders.

"There was a gov't surplus facility that he was able to buy chit from". I want have one of these one day.  Think the Costco from Idiocracy. Items buy the case. You want a Humvee.. Heres one in a crate stored ready for airdrop.. 65k please thank you goodbye.. NIB M249.. Pay at the front and we will get it xferred to your home state...  You want those concrete wall things to build a fort.. Let me find a big rig to load them bad boys up..
So, your getting married and need a place setting of Uncle Sams finest stainless steel eh.. Can I interest you in some canteens while Im at it? P38.. I got 196,000 of them.. Why the hell do you need an Abram tank track? Those are on isle 045HB. Power Wagon lug nuts.. In a coffee can by the register.

That kind of place.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty much at this point I am only doing work that allows me to go sockless and not shave, or waders.

"There was a gov't surplus facility that he was able to buy chit from". I want have one of these one day.  Think the Costco from Idiocracy. Items buy the case. You want a Humvee.. Heres one in a crate stored ready for airdrop.. 65k please thank you goodbye.. NIB M249.. Pay at the front and we will get it xferred to your home state...  You want those concrete wall things to build a fort.. Let me find a big rig to load them bad boys up..
So, your getting married and need a place setting of Uncle Sams finest stainless steel eh.. Can I interest you in some canteens while Im at it? P38.. I got 196,000 of them.. Why the hell do you need an Abram tank track? Those are on isle 045HB.
That kind of place.
View Quote

Smith and Edwards in Ogden, Utah used to be pretty much exactly that kind of place. It was AMAZING what you could find in that store or the yards outside. I've heard they've changed a lot since I was last there about a dozen years ago, but it truly was like the garden of Eden back then.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Are those batteries still available? One thing I've run into when looking at radios and such is that the recent tech is so far beyond that the old batteries are mega voltage compared to today.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So, your getting married and need a place setting of Uncle Sams finest stainless steel eh.. Can I interest you in some canteens while Im at it? P38.. I got 196,000 of them.. Why the hell do you need an Abram tank track? Those are on isle 045HB. Power Wagon lug nuts.. In a coffee can by the register.

That kind of place.
View Quote

One of the funniest movies EVER!

Too bad it's all true and that's what we will be in a  few generations.

I refer to the movie as "The Prophecy".

According to the prophecy our "shit's all retarded" .

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Calibration is easy.

Turn it on.

Does sing when you run it over steel.

Done
View Quote

This, I go metal detecting for Old Coins, silver and gold jewelry. These look vintage so theres no VDI reader just the headphones? Take some silver ot gold coins/jewely if you don't have the coins, also lay out different types of metal like pennies (Coppe), nuts and bolts,  tinfoil, etc. Turn it on and put the headset on and you should notice the higher the pitch coming from the headseats those refer to higher quality metal, or in newer models' you just check you hits.......Silver is in the low to mid 80 VDI range and of course gold is around the same, If your going to use these, your gonna have to sweep the real deal befere you go sweeping and digging your backyard. If you need any help or have ore cdetailed questions, just IM me and I'll call you and walk you through it. That is of course if they work.

ETA - Jst because they ae military Mine detectors doesn't mean hey won't pickup goldsilver signals, my buddy has a vietnme or slightly newer (1980's) era mine detctor and we both went out to the same spot to sweep for "treasure" I have a Garret AT Pro and he has a $70 USGI surplus detector. Well to make a long story short, that day I found  silver dimes, and a Silver 1964 Kennedy. Nick and his budget GI detector found 2 .925 silver pieces of jewlry and a 7.9 gram 14K Gold ring. It just goes to show you the luck that's involved and your chances aren't better with a $700.00 detector.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top