Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT

I got a Braceman 1968 A1 lower for my Mk12 build, and went searching for the reproduction small DOD acceptance Eagle stamps.   I saw in the archives morrie419 made them at one time but I couldn't find any recent posts by him or if he is even still around.

Soooo, does anybody else make the reproduction stamps?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Morrie DOES still make them. Shoot him an IM or email. One of our members recently purchased both the large and small stamps from him. (within the last 3 months IIRC) I don't know of anyone else making them. If you can't get ahold of morrie for some reason, there are guys here very willing to loan stamps out. I being one of them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of these stamps.......are they rubber stamps that you use with some kind of ink pad?  If so, what ink do you guys use?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Speaking of these stamps.......are they rubber stamps that you use with some kind of ink pad?  If so, what ink do you guys use?
View Quote

Lou,yes,rubber stamps,I used white "Testors" modeling paint. I drip some on a smooth hard surface and spread it out. Then dip the stamp into it and test on scrap.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
They are really nice stamps!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I just finished my IDF build with many real IDF parts and was wondering if the IDF had any kind of acceptance stamps I should know about to add to my carbine?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:24:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just finished my IDF build with many real IDF parts and was wondering if the IDF had any kind of acceptance stamps I should know about to add to my carbine?
View Quote

stamp of the outline of the star of david to the left of the colt logo
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank You, How the hell am I gonna replicate that....LOL
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#9]
So, what rifles used this and what kinda paint do you use?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

As to what kind of paint.............see M1Snipers reply above to the same question I posed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Testors White Model Paint.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#12]
So, what all models have this, and does anyone rent out th 4eir stamp if a guy cant easily buy one?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, what all models have this, and does anyone rent out th 4eir stamp if a guy cant easily buy one?
View Quote

Any rifle accepted by .MIL had the stamp. The small stamp was used from late 60s through the mid 90s. Earlier M16s had a larger stamp on the side of the magwell.  In the real world they did not last long. A few GI cleaning parties will strip the anodizing and parkerizing off weapons,  so paint  didn't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm going to have to get a blown up picture of the IDF stamp and stencl paint he stamp on my receiver.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank You, How the hell am I gonna replicate that....LOL
View Quote

https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+stamp+star+of+david&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=ZWRJVP2BLejEiQLb2YGQCQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1787&bih=711&dpr=0.9

easy peasy
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Morrie DOES still make them. Shoot him an IM or email. One of our members recently purchased both the large and small stamps from him. (within the last 3 months IIRC) I don't know of anyone else making them. If you can't get ahold of morrie for some reason, there are guys here very willing to loan stamps out. I being one of them.
View Quote

Gonna have to hit you up once I get the 80% paperweight finished out
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a small stamp from him back in June.  He has not made any more but had some left when I got mine.  He may take a while to return a PM as he doesn't get to this forum much.
Scott
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a set I can loan out if someone needs them,
My next few projects won't  have stamps so I could live without
Them for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for the ideas/heads ups
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top