Posted: 10/20/2014 2:13:25 AM EDT
Not mine,but you all know the seller!!!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=448661925
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:41:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I WANT!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, it looks as though it just stepped out of a time machine, even the box is perfect (no discoloration, stains, wrinkles, ec). Great pickup for a 601 owner....
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Every time I think I have every possible accessory for my Model 01, something else appears.  
...Now I just have to convince myself it's worth the cost.  (Was about to bid but hesitated on the shipping cost...will have to decide what I'm willing to pay.)
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every time I think I have every possible accessory for my Model 01, something else appears.  
...Now I just have to convince myself it's worth the cost.  (Was about to bid but hesitated on the shipping cost...will have to decide what I'm willing to pay.)
View Quote

Yeah. Too rich for me. But sure hope someone here gets it.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cool. I have Malaysian ammo from early 80's myself. Have shot some, but now labeled as stash. Love this older stuff!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually at $15.00 Dave could be losing some money depending on where it goes. He informed me that you can't legally ship ammo via USPS and it HAS to go via UPS ground. Unless someone knows something different...???
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Actually at $15.00 Dave could be losing some money depending on where it goes. He informed me that you can't legally ship ammo via USPS and it HAS to go via UPS ground. Unless someone knows something different...???
View Quote

yeah ammo can't go USPS.  fedex or ups for 1 lb or less shouldn't be too much.  he's probably just estimating on the high side or padding it to cover his trip to a ups/fedex dropoff location.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#8]
agree, the shipping seems incredibly high.  

He should have just IM'd me, I'd of bought it!
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Super cool. But theres something to being a reloader here too... I ended up buying a lot of brass that had a ton of 60s and 70s LC brass in it. So I loaded it up carefully and you know what, yeah you can tell its not perfect, but its like my clones, it was good enough and i have alot and it was cheap.  Something to be said for that.... ;)
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#10]
We'll see how high it goes.
I have a number in mind...I just have to include the shipping cost in my calculations.
It is one of those things you just don't come across often (...or almost ever).
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

yeah ammo can't go USPS.  fedex or ups for 1 lb or less shouldn't be too much.  he's probably just estimating on the high side or padding it to cover his trip to a ups/fedex dropoff location.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really...He did an actual ,and without "adult signature" this is what it came to:
The box is 7x5x3 and weighs 1lbs  enter your zip and 90210 zip. it cost me $13.55 with out the adult signature.
He also informed me he has to drive 40 miles to get to a UPS location as no one in his town will ship ammo. We ALL know the seller and we ALL know he doesn't pad anything. He's a straight A man of integrity.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not really...He did an actual ,and without "adult signature" this is what it came to:
The box is 7x5x3 and weighs 1lbs  enter your zip and 90210 zip. it cost me $13.55 with out the adult signature.
He also informed me he has to drive 40 miles to get to a UPS location as no one in his town will ship ammo. We ALL know the seller and we ALL know he doesn't pad anything. He's a straight A man of integrity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fedex was $11 and change for me.  i didn't mean pad in a bad way.  i meant it in a way to make it worth his while, i've had to ship stuff ups and fedex before and the fact that i have to provide the packing material and drop it off does make it more difficult that usps w/ free packing materials and free pickup.

one of the reasons why i hate shipping ammo.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

fedex was $11 and change for me.  i didn't mean pad in a bad way.  i meant it in a way to make it worth his while, i've had to ship stuff ups and fedex before and the fact that i have to provide the packing material and drop it off does make it more difficult that usps w/ free packing materials and free pickup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10-4. I KNOW he is shocked himself.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

just be glad those 2 carriers haven't added hazmat charges on loaded ammo like they do on components.  one of the reasons the guys buy reloading components locally at retail prices or above.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#15]
What's sad is buddy hauls for UPS and he doesn't have to have CDL HAZMAT endorsement or placard HAZMAT because they are exempt due to minimal amounts hauled but UPS sure charge's the HAZMAT fees.  Unless buying bulk reloading supplies it's actually much cheaper buying retail powder and primers.

Ammo is real cool.  Thanks for heads up / sharing.  Used to be $1 a round for the real early stuff but figure $2 especially for limited amount purchase is a screamin deal today if that's what someone wants.  Would have to compliment some of the earliest M-16's / SP-1's and those are the people who would pay even more than $2 per round without blinking an eye.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What's sad is buddy hauls for UPS and he doesn't have to have CDL HAZMAT endorsement or placard HAZMAT because they are exempt due to minimal amounts hauled but UPS sure charge's the HAZMAT fees.  Unless buying bulk reloading supplies it's actually much cheaper buying retail powder and primers.

Ammo is real cool.  Thanks for heads up / sharing.  Used to be $1 a round for the real early stuff but figure $2 especially for limited amount purchase is a screamin deal today if that's what someone wants.  Would have to compliment some of the earliest M-16's / SP-1's and those are the people who would pay even more than $2 per round without blinking an eye.
View Quote

heck, during the lack panic, wasn't current production xm193 at $1 a round?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Dang, I would love to bid, but I am sure the price will go through the roof.  Would go great with my 602 clone and my 601 double mag pouches.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I could swear I saw a box identical to that in the trash can at my range yesterday. I noticed it because it seemed odd compared to all the brown Federal boxes. Time to dig in the trash today and see.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Federal/Lake City has white box ammo that looks a lot like that.  Marked M193F.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope, wasn't the newer Federal. But it's a moot point. Somebody emptied the trash last night.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I took an unsuccessful shot at the auction, but it got a bit rich for my taste.
If anyone is interested, the market price for 20 rounds of old ammo is sometimes $110.02 (plus shipping).
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 1:14:53 AM EDT
[#22]
(whistle) DayuNG.

Not sure someone here got it. Could be.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top