User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I HIGHLY encourage those of you that CAN read to read this book!

I was not just blowing smoke up Morg's ass when I crowed about how good it is!

It is an incredible action packed and well written book!

Twists and turns galore! Part history book. Part mystery. Part thriller. Part Action.

Hell it's even part "Dear Penthouse"! (Just teasing Morg about the love interest in the book)

Hard to believe it was written by a little old Laotian dude!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I took a picture on my phone, but am having trouble getting it. Today I received the books I've been promising you guys! I'm really sorry it took so long, but I wanted them to be RIGHT. Of course, I just had someone reading catch another small typo - which I fixed, but for some reason Createspace didn't - they must have used the older file. Considering they expedited the shipment no charge, it's hard for me to bitch about it. Anyway, that will make this first edition collectable some day eh?

So - I will be packing them up this weekend and they will go out early next week. I will likely send them in two shipments, with the order same as they were ordered. They will be going Priority, in a padded envelope. I want to tell you guys again just how much this means to me, and if anyone else wants a signed copy, they can now contact me via email. I wanted to wait until I got these first copies out to you guys. I really hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing it. You guys made it possible to get the formatting, ISBN and registering the copyright done. Thank you all, so much! - Morg

ETA: I have the following people down as getting books. Please let me know if your name is not on this list for some reason.

Cal30M1
yankee -V
SgtRock2
Sputnik556
grondike
geobartlett
Pro2ndAm
HipSh0T
mytinaw (2 copies)
coldblue
raw52
Heatnbeat
Andouille
forager
Engineer5
BigRix
gordog
F4ENUT
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Woo hoo!  Can't wait to get 'er
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Woo hoo!  Can't wait to get 'er
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Morg, Looking forward to my collectible fist edition.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey - I need you guys who bought books to do me a favor. I have most of you matched up with your user names, but I want to make sure - please email me with user name and real name to make sure okay? Also, please give me your email so that I can put you on my mailing list for the next book. I am packing books right now. Also - I have payment from Timothy Pass, but no shipping info...

ETA: First 5 guys who got mags - I ran into a problem shipping the mags in the same envelope - I guess I didn't think it through, thought they'd ship in a box. I will have to ship the mags separately. Sorry about that. I will get them out next week as well though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Loving the book so far! Really is a page turner
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Well guys, I have shipped all the books that were paid for except forager's - he needs to contact me with his address. They went out priority, because I wanted you to have them before Thanksgiving. Those I promised free copies to will unfortunately have to wait for the next batch - sorry. BTW - you may notice that my writing or signature is a bit shaky - I have a tremor in my right hand, so that's unavoidable sometimes. Usually it's not an issue, but a few may show it. At this point, anyone who wants a signed copy can order one by emailing me. I had a couple people who were interested but didn't pay, so I didn't order them books. I can't tell you how much all the support has meant to me. It really means a lot. I am dying to know what you guys think of it. You can thank Aeneas2020 also for doing such a bang-up job on the cover, and Olgunner for keeping me on the straight and narrow. You guys are great. Thank you all again.

BTW - I was hoping to put a Chu Hoi bag in each copy - but I can't find the damn things. I must have 100 of them somewhere... Nevertheless, I'd appreciate you guys leaving me a nice review on Amazon if you like it. More than anything, that will help sell more copies. Make sure I have your email address too, so I can let you know when the next book is ready. (My first novel will likely come out first, but it's more literary. I have 2 other thrillers, one a WWII thriller that I'm currently working on.)
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Morg - really looking forward to it!  I am also impressed with the others you have in the works!  Hope they are a success!
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#10]
If you haven't shipped the mag, don't.
It wasn't an inducement for me anyway and I'd be happier if you avoid the expense.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It wasn't an inducement for me anyway and I'd be happier if you avoid the expense.
View Quote

Morg, same for me. I would prefer that you use this as a premium for another buyer if that works.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Morg, same for me. I would prefer that you use this as a premium for another buyer if that works.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I already told his stubborn ass to skip it! He's a bit mule headed!
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Yes I am. Just because you pissed me off, instead of a nice, new, (well, new anyway) NHTMG mag, you my friend are getting an old worn out POS. I hear that the UI stamped mags are the very worst, so that's what I'm sending you! (sticks tongue out) So there. That'll serve you right for buying the first copy, but more than that, putting the idea in my head when you offered to buy a pre-order copy. I gave you the first one off the top because I figured the top one would be all scuffed up an' shit.  Thanks for the great review on Amazon by the way. More than that, the real payment simply comes from you telling me what you thought of it. This has been the most difficult, yet most gratifying project of my life. Just wait until you read the next one... Thank you. I mean that sincerely.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yes. Yes I am. Just because you pissed me off, instead of a nice, new, (well, new anyway) NHTMG mag, you my friend are getting an old worn out POS. I hear that the UI stamped mags are the very worst, so that's what I'm sending you! (sticks tongue out) So there. That'll serve you right for buying the first copy, but more than that, putting the idea in my head when you offered to buy a pre-order copy. I gave you the first one off the top because I figured the top one would be all scuffed up an' shit.  Thanks for the great review on Amazon by the way. More than that, the real payment simply comes from you telling me what you thought of it. This has been the most difficult, yet most gratifying project of my life. Just wait until you read the next one... Thank you. I mean that sincerely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammitalltohell! NOW I got another crappy old obsolete 20 rounder to get rid of!

Don't you know that 30 rounders are the future?

Yea sure. Blame me! It's all my fault!

As for the review alls I dids was calls em like I sees em!

It was a great read!

Thank you very much for the signed copy Morgy. Youze alright for a scrawny Laotian guy!

Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I got my copy today thanks Morg. I need to hide it until Wed. Grand kids not coming over after school and will have time to read it with out needing to help watch them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I got my signed copy today! Thanks Morg.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow. 3 people already got their copies and they just went out Saturday. LMK what you guys think, and please, if you like it, please leave a review on Amazon. I am also accepting orders for the next batch.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Wow. 3 people already got their copies and they just went out Saturday. LMK what you guys think, and please, if you like it, please leave a review on Amazon. I am also accepting orders for the next batch.
View Quote

I got mine too!

I already read it!

I kindled so I didn't have to wait!

Gentlemen strap in and prepare for a wild ride!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I e-mailed you, Morg, I was so happy!  But posting here now... got mine today too.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine also, and love the statement on the dedication page about the book being "MANUFACTURED UNDER WARTIME CONDITIONS..."

Thanks, Morg!
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Hoping that mine is waiting on me when I get home.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:39:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Book arrived today also, thank you very much.
Must warn you that I've been strictly a non-fiction reader for a long time; but I am looking forward to starting into your book in the next couple days.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Same - got mine today!  Thanks.  Finished first chapter - its got me interested already!
Thanks again,
Mike
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Got mine today too, but kids are on break.  So haven't had a chance to start reading.  BTW, kids did compliment on how nice the book cover was and marveled at how I was able to get a personal signed copy.  I told them it's going to be a collector's item some day.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 10:59:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Got mine Monday/yesterday, and sniped a couple random chapters out of the middle, just to get the flavor before getting started at the beginning.

Can tell already, it's gonna be good.

So, when is the sequal coming out?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Love the reference to the P61 Black Widow as my Vietnam F4 fighter squadron the 421st TFS was formed to fly them and the Black Widow Spider is still used in patch's today. MY favorite it the one with a Black widow spider and the words the Kiss of Death. Excellent read so far.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Got mine last night. Thanks Morg.

The only problem is, it's just too pretty to mess up.

If I buy the kindle version will it work on my Android and IPad?

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I am having this same problem...i'm reading my copy but i don't want to bend the cover too much lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:31:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

It works fine using the Kindle app on iPad, so I assume the Android would be the same. I rarely read paper books any more; it's too easy to just download cheap (and free) books through Amazon.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It works fine using the Kindle app on iPad, so I assume the Android would be the same. I rarely read paper books any more; it's too easy to just download cheap (and free) books through Amazon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kindle app on my Note2 android phone worked beautifully! Read the entire book in less than a week!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#31]
just got on kindel happy turkey day  
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I want to thank everyone who bought the book so far - and particularly those guys who left the 5 star reviews on Amazon! Thanks guys, it's very gratifying, and a bit humbling. I'm kicking around placing another order. (I still owe mytinaw his 2nd copy for one thing. I was shorted one copy in the last order and he was nice enough to let me just send one so someone else wouldn't get stuck. ) You can now look at both sides of the book, and a couple other retailers have picked it up...which bodes well. Email me if you seriously want a signed copy before Christmas. I ordered 10 more copies today. 5 are still available.

If having a signed copy is not important to you, then here's the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0692325883/ref=x_gr_w_bb_t1_x?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_t1_x-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0692325883&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2#customerReviews

I ask $25 for signed copies to cover the priority shipping I've been doing - both to and from me. The unsigned copies are cheaper, Kindle cheaper yet. Again, it's very gratifying to hear what people are saying about the book. It means a lot coming from my 'retro family'. You guys really rock. With any luck, I will someday be able to make a living at this, which with my neurological condition, will be wonderful. Thanks again for all your support guys.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally had a chance to read the book and I'm sure I'm NOT the first one who will tell anyone who hasn't gotten their hands on the book that it's a good read.  Let's hope all the compliments won't get to Morg's head--but will instead inspire him to work on his next book
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top