Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2014 3:38:24 PM EDT
So, I decided to post here because you guys are like family to me. I am finally done (DONE) with the book, other than final formatting. I want to send it out for professional formatting next week...but I find that my $11/hr part time job hanging window blinds just doesn't leave a lot of extra money in my wallet. I was an electrician for 20 years, but have taken a step back recently for health reasons. (You old guys should get this.) Anyway, after speaking with Olgunner, who kindly offered to format the thing, I decided to go with a professional outfit, Partly because they are more familiar with Amazon requirements (MOBI files whatever they are...)  and partly because Olgunner is presently busier than the proverbial one-legged man in an ass - kicking contest. Using them will mean the final look of the book will be identical to what I send them.

I was going to sell some more parts, but dammit, I don't have that many left and I'm tired of selling my good stuff. So, I'm going to offer a pre-order on the book. $25 signed and shipped. (oops) First four orders get a new NHMTG 20 round mag. Sorry I don't have more to offer as a promo,. and it will likely be around the end of the month before you get a hard copy to hold in your grubby little hands, but if I can just get 10 or 20 guys to help me pay for final formatting and some ISBNs, it will speed up the entire process. Once the book is live, I'll post something in a more appropriate place. I am just looking for 25 pre-sales to pay for the final process. I will launch the Kindle version first, then the PoD version a few days later. Ideally this would be next weekend, but it depends on how fast they format it. I will cut the pre-order off at the first 25.

I understand if the moderators lock this, but I posted here because you guys are my friends, several of you have asked about the book, and it's a historical novel - (WWII thriller). It's a murder mystery wrapped in a thriller actually, but if I could describe it in one sentence, it'd be: "Cowboys vs. Nazis." Here is the cover, done by our very own Aeneas2020. (Not quite the final version, but very close) I cannot thank him and Olgunner for their help and support enough. Olgunner has read it (in rough form unfortunately) but Aeneas2020 has not. James, you have a signed copy coming for sure.  Anyway, anyone interested can email me at: morganjameson6 AT hotmail.com- I appreciate all the support you guys have shown already. Cal30M1 is the one who gave me this idea, and he is #1 on the list. I will come up with a mag for him, so the 4 mags for first 4 are still in play GONE - sorry. That was fast! Thanks for listening guys! That is NOT the ISBN BTW. James mocked it up for me. It's 556 pages - how weird is that?

One thing I forgot to mention - whether hard copy or ebook, I will be donating $1 of each sale to veteran's support groups. I have two wounded veterans as protagonists, so it seemed like the right thing to do.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Numero Uno Por Favor!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I appreciate the leap of faith. I know this may seem expensive, but is in line with what another retro brother is getting for his signed copies. Non-signed copies that I don't have to ship twice, will be cheaper directly from Amazon, but you are helping me 'do this'. Thanks Cal30M1.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Cal30M1 is the one who gave me this idea, and he is #1 on the list.

View Quote

Blaming it on the garbage man!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll take one, Morg. Email on the way...
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds too good to pass up, Morg. Sending you e-mail.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I know I've got one coming anyway, but am happy to contribute to the cause!  Email incoming.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in for one.

ETA: Email inbound
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know I've got one coming anyway, but am happy to contribute to the cause!  Email incoming.
View Quote

Olgunner - you know your money will get sent back right? You and Aeneas2020 MORE than earned a signed copy!
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#9]
In for a copy, email on the way.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]

IMing info now

Congrats Morg..!!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:14:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Email about to be sent.

edited to change IM to email
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Morg,
 Thanks for allowing me to be involved with the project I hope your book finds the success it deserves!

Eagerly awaiting my copy and already recommending to everyone I can find.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Morg,
 Thanks for allowing me to be involved with the project I hope your book finds the success it deserves!

Eagerly awaiting my copy and already recommending to everyone I can find.
View Quote

I have another blurb from an author to try and fit on there, and of course the ISBN, which I have to buy before sending it out. The response has been wonderful, and I feel a bit humbled by all the help I've received making this happen. I hope to launch within a week. I'll send you an email with the info soon as I have it all. The cover looks great IMO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in!! Email on it's way. Thanks for the oportunity
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in, email sent.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Count me in too.  I sent you an email.

-Michael
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I would like a copy
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I am in - per our emails!  Way to go Morg - looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh! I am sooooo about this! Count me in. E-mail sent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Morg, I'd like a signed copy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Put me down for a signed copy as well Morg.  IM inbound.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I pressed 'SUBMIT' at 11:28 am today. The Kindle version should be up in a few hours, but I am going to run a promo, so wait for the price change. My formatter told me that he should have the Print on Demand version ready for me to look at on Monday. (Which is actually his Sunday - he's in Australia.) I will check it over and we will make any changes, then I will upload that. Once it's available online I will order 2-3 copies to double check how it looks. Once I'm satisfied it's what I want you guys to get, I will order all the books members here have pre-ordered and get them out to you. I appreciate your faith and patience everyone. Once again, I want to thank everyone for helping to make this final step possible. You guys rock!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I pressed 'SUBMIT' at 11:28 am today. The Kindle version should be up in a few hours, but I am going to run a promo, so wait for the price change. My formatter told me that he should have the Print on Demand version ready for me to look at on Monday. (Which is actually his Sunday - he's in Australia.) I will check it over and we will make any changes, then I will upload that. Once it's available online I will order 2-3 copies to double check how it looks. Once I'm satisfied it's what I want you guys to get, I will order all the books members here have pre-ordered and get them out to you. I appreciate your faith and patience everyone. Once again, I want to thank everyone for helping to make this final step possible. You guys rock!
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#25]
ETA: Well, I have a failure to launch. Please DO NOT buy the Kindle until this is straightened out. I used the wrong cover art, which is not a problem, but when it asked to contributors, I unwittingly did just that - now it looks as though they wrote it! GRRR> Worse, the formatting didn't come through the conversion process correctly - it didn't NEED to be converted, it was a aMOBI file, but all the pages are run together! When you pay good money to a highly recommended professional, then this happens...well, color me pissed. I will let you guys know when it's fixed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ETA: Well, I have a failure to launch. Please DO NOT buy the Kindle until this is straightened out. I used the wrong cover art, which is not a problem, but when it asked to contributors, I unwittingly did just that - now it looks as though they wrote it! GRRR> Worse, the formatting didn't come through the conversion process correctly - it didn't NEED to be converted, it was a aMOBI file, but all the pages are run together! When you pay good money to a highly recommended professional, then this happens...well, color me pissed. I will let you guys know when it's fixed.
View Quote
No hurry Morgy Baby! Have an adult beverage and relax for a bit.

(We don't want you stoking out and ruining the chances for a sequel!)

ETA the Baby is a garbageman term of endearment Morg. NOT calling you a baby! It's like a Kojak use of the word. Baby!

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#27]
ETA: PHEW! It turns out it looks fine on Kindle - it just looks like that on "Look Inside" - so it's better to download a free sample and read it first. The cover and author's credit will get changed as soon as I get access, but the book is fine. I verified this with my formatter and another author.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:41:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Morg308:

Sir, please sign me up for a signed copy, info inbound.. Thanks for all your contributions!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I just wanted to update everyone. I ordered proof copies this morning and expedited them - should be getting them Thursday. I will look them over, then I will be ordering books for everyone who pre-ordered. I cannot tell you guys what this has meant to me. I cannot wait to hear what you guys think! The correct Kindle version is also available, but once I approve the print copy and make it live, then I will be running a promotion on the Kindle version. Thanks everyone, and thank you for being patient! - Morg
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just wanted to update everyone. I ordered proof copies this morning and expedited them - should be getting them Thursday. I will look them over, then I will be ordering books for everyone who pre-ordered. I cannot tell you guys what this has meant to me. I cannot wait to hear what you guys think! The correct Kindle version is also available, but once I approve the print copy and make it live, then I will be running a promotion on the Kindle version. Thanks everyone, and thank you for being patient! - Morg
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

I wish I had a Kindle!

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:27:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I wish I had a Kindle!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wish I had a Kindle!

My name's not Jeannie (nor do I resemble her ), but let me grant your wish. If you have a computer, or any type of smartphone or tablet you can have the Kindle app. Not sure how well it works on a PC, but I use my iPad mini with Kindle app for almost all of my reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My name's not Jeannie (nor do I resemble her </a>), but let me grant your wish. If you have a computer, or any type of smartphone or tablet you can have the Kindle app. Not sure how well it works on a PC, but I use my iPad mini with Kindle app for almost all of my reading.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wish I had a Kindle!

My name's not Jeannie (nor do I resemble her </a>), but let me grant your wish. If you have a computer, or any type of smartphone or tablet you can have the Kindle app. Not sure how well it works on a PC, but I use my iPad mini with Kindle app for almost all of my reading.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

This is correct, all you need to download it, is have a Google account and then download it through the Google Play Store app downloader.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#34]
So awesome! Congrats, brother! I know how long the road is and it is an amazing feeling when you make it to the end of one.

I read the back cover and I had no idea your story was as complex as it seems. Definitely looking forward to picking a copy up.

Congrats again.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So awesome! Congrats, brother! I know how long the road is and it is an amazing feeling when you make it to the end of one.

I read the back cover and I had no idea your story was as complex as it seems. Definitely looking forward to picking a copy up.

Congrats again.
View Quote

Thanks brother - appreciate it. It's kind of complex, but doesn't come through that way. It's actually a pretty fast read. Cal30M1 - sent you an IM.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks everyone for the tech advise.

I think I already HAVE the Kindle app on my computer.

My Jimmah is longer than my memory sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Great read so far!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Norm,  Morg -(I have no idea where Norm came from - I'll blame it on the keyboard.)

Kind of late to the party, but congratulations!  I know you have been working hard on this project and I am really glad you finally get to see the end result of your hard work.  This is something to be proud of and when the hard copy is available for purchase I'll keep one on my desk.

If you are still taking pre orders let me know and I'll get in on it.

Best of luck with your sales.  And again, congratulations!!!!!

(I went ahead and bought the Kindle version just because I want to read it soon, but still plan on buying the hard copy.)

Rick
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Norm, Morg,

Kind of late to the party, but congratulations!  I know you have been working hard on this project and I am really glad you finally get to see the end result of your hard work.  This is something to be proud of and when the hard copy is available for purchase I'll keep one on my desk.

If you are still taking pre orders let me know and I'll get in on it.

Best of luck with your sales.  And again, congratulations!!!!!

(I went ahead and bought the Kindle version just because I want to read it soon, but still plan on buying the hard copy.)

Rick
View Quote

FIFY. I appreciate the sentiments, and the purchase! I think you'll enjoy it.I'm looking forward to hearing what folks think of it. Don't forget to post a review on Amazon! Coldblue - email sent.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, I actually know your name.  Typing and doing something else sometimes doesn't work out so well.

Anyway, good luck.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:13:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yeah, I actually know your name.  Typing and doing something else sometimes doesn't work out so well.

Anyway, good luck.

View Quote

I know you do - that's why it was funny! Haven't seen you around in awhile, but every time I put a lower together and use that neat block you sent me, I wonder how you are doing. I do the same thing, so no worries. The sentiment was real, and really appreciated bud. Email me your physical address again and I'll make sure you get a signed copy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Update: Tonight I received 3 proof copies. I will keep one and send the others to Olgunner and Aeneas2020 so they can review them and make suggestions, but really, because they've earned these copies. I cannot express how much the two of them have helped with this project. You guys rock.  I see very little that will be changed, but I really want this to be perfect. I wanted to post to let you guys know that it's on track - just taking a bit longer than I thought. I will post a list this weekend of everyone I owe copies to. If you are a 'donor', please make sure your name is on the list.

You guys who bought pre-sale, signed hardcopies really helped me with wrapping this project up, and I cannot wait to hear your comments once you read the book. This has really meant a lot to me - involving my 'retro family', and the support I received from old friends - friends I've never met. I hope to change that in the next few years. Thanks again guys - we have to go through it and make sure it's right, then I will make it live and order copies. I'm really sorry for the delay, but I figured the anal retentives here would hang me by my nuts if they found a mistake, so I've been sweating it! If you have any other questions, please respond by email. Thanks again - Morg

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:43:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Very cool, brother.
I know how long you've worked on that thing and how much sweat you've put into it.
I'm sure it's satisfying as hell to finally hold a copy in your hands.
Congrats!
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Now that thing just looks freaking sweet congrats Morg!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Is it to late to get in on a signed copy?
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 1:07:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks slick, Morg.

Read the Amazon "Look Inside" chapters. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm reading it on Kindle while waiting for the analog version.

I was too busy for reading this weekend.

I can't say it's just gettin' good. It's ALL been good!

You guys need to belly up to the Amazon and buy butt tons if this book!

"Good strong characters interspersed with real people from history all blended together in a rip roaring ride of history action and intrigue!"

So says my review on Kindle!

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Okay! THe book is live - but it may take a few days for it to show up on Amazon. I ordered a pile of copies. I have verified payment for the following members, but I have no matching member info or an address for Timothy Pass (Please contact me.)  If you sent payment for a pre-ordered, signed copy, and do not see your name here, please email me. I should have copies in my hands by end of the week, then I will sign them and they will then go out priority. Sorry for the delay guys - this took longer than I thought. Thanks again for all your support - you helped make this possible! (I filed a copyright today BTW! )

Cal30M1
yankee -V
SgtRock2
Sputnik556
grondike
Pro2ndAm
HipSh0T
mytinaw (2 copies)
coldblue
raw52
Heatnbeat
Andouille
forager
Engineer5
gordog
F4ENUT

Again, if you don't see your name here, contact me. Copies are already on the way to Olgunner and Aeneas2020. If you would like to order a signed copy, please contact me by email, preferably NOT through the forum, so I have your return email. The people who ordered already come first. I will order more after I get this batch out. Thanks again guys! - Morg

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:46:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Morg, Congrats again. Looking forward to sitting by the fire with my copy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top