Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/29/2014 7:54:40 PM EDT
Today my Sarco M16A1 parts kit finally arrived after being ordered 3 weeks ago to the day. This was the superb condition parts kit for $545 with a new IN THE WHITE 1-12 twist barrel for an extra $125. The barrel being new looked excellent. Gas hole needs drilled. Only markings was 5.56 engraved on muzzle end of barrel. Bird cage flash suppressor with lock washer. The overall condition of the parts kit is excellent to like new condition for most parts. The stock, hand guards, pistol grip are like new. Upper receiver is excellent (Colt). Bolt carrier group like new (Colt). All internal parts are like new. And I received all the original proper lower parts assembly. Front sight base is Colt and excellent condition also. Now I need a M16A1 lower which I will order Wednesday from Nodak Spud LLC. Going to stay with the gray finish. I will have ADCO Firearms in Toledo drill gas port hole and assemble upper receiver for me.

I'm going to contact Victor from the anodizing company NDS uses to have him match up all the parts. Going to be costly, but I want this rifle to be completely matching if at all possible. I understand this thread is useless without pictures, but I will post something this weekend once I get time. Sorry. I appreciate the help and guidance the retro forum has provided me with this upcoming build. Thanks guys!

wagsfn
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I forgot to mention that my hand guards were the later style being marked L and R. And my FSB was marked with a large C (Colt). Buffer tube, buffer and spring were also later style and in like new condition. Now I have a question concerning finish. US Anodizing who does the NDS lower finishes that I'd like to utilize, on their website say they are not taking any new orders? Ok, understand your busy with a large contract. What other companies can you recommend that do this service also? I'm referring to upper receiver, barrel, FSB, and any other parts needed. I only want to do this once, the right way. Any past experiences would be appreciated. Thx!

wagsfn
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Double post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
One rule. Pictures when you are finished.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'd just ask John Thomas to quote me a price on the FSB pin and compete barrel parkerizing job. I know he does park small parts and touch ups but I have no clue what's his price or if he will even do a whole barrel.

Edited to add: www.retroarmsworks.com is JT's website, he will get your barrel work done higher quality, faster turn around, and at a better price than ADCO. He's simply the best there is at the moment......

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I'd just ask John Thomas to quote me a price on the FSB pin and compete barrel parkerizing job. I know he does park small parts and touch ups but I have no clue what's his price or if he will even do a whole barrel.

Edited to add: www.retroarmsworks.com is JT's website, he will get your barrel work done higher quality, faster turn around, and at a better price than ADCO. He's simply the best there is at the moment......

View Quote

Thanks. I'll give him a call today and let you know outcome.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I spoke with John today and I'll be shipping my parts kit to him for re-bluing and assembly. Very nice gentleman to speak with. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I spoke with John today and I'll be shipping my parts kit to him for re-bluing and assembly. Very nice gentleman to speak with. Thanks again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad it worked out, I have to call him for a price on a special project.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Special project? ...... Hmmmm,,,, interested
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Today mailed out upper kit to John Thomas (retroarmsworks.com) for bluing of new barrel and complete assembly of upper. John said hopefully 3-5 day turnaround time once he receives my kit. And I also sent an order form and Money Order to Nodak Spud LLC for a new NDS-M16A1 Retro lower receiver (XM Gray). Last night I took my parts kit upper and tried it on a couple pre-ban lowers I've been sitting on for a color comparison. Nope, both are to black and not a good match. Will post pictures when upper arrives.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Today mailed out upper kit to John Thomas (retroarmsworks.com) for bluing of new barrel and complete assembly of upper. John said hopefully 3-5 day turnaround time once he receives my kit. And I also sent an order form and Money Order to Nodak Spud LLC for a new NDS-M16A1 Retro lower receiver (XM Gray). Last night I took my parts kit upper and tried it on a couple pre-ban lowers I've been sitting on for a color comparison. Nope, both are to black and not a good match. Will post pictures when upper arrives.
View Quote

Looking forward to it. If I had the dough right now... Aside from buying a complete rifle done by a retro forum member, this is the route to go for your own really nice build.

You must post pics...
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBR Stamped Eagle Arms Preban Lower + 11.5" barrel + 604 upper + 601 BCG + Type C stock = Special Project.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Sacro was at a local gun show yesterday and they had A, B and C grade A1 kits. The only real difference was the hand guards. All of the uppers looked great. I mean they were all little to no wear. It was hard to tell with the lighting, but they did look dark. C kits were $350, but they told me they won't sell them over the phone or web because too many people complain about the hand guards and butt plates. They try to get A kits at C kit prices. It's a real shame as these look like great kits.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Ha! If I'd known this I'd given you $350 and an extra $40 for dinner to pick me up one. My M16A1 parts kit is currently in the solid hands of John Thomas @ retroarmsworks.com.

Quoted:
Sacro was at a local gun show yesterday and they had A, B and C grade A1 kits. The only real difference was the hand guards. All of the uppers looked great. I mean they were all little to no wear. It was hard to tell with the lighting, but they did look dark. C kits were $350, but they told me they won't sell them over the phone or web because too many people complain about the hand guards and butt plates. They try to get A kits at C kit prices. It's a real shame as these look like great kits.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top