Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2014 2:02:51 AM EDT
Now that I've created a dedicated model 605 build topic, thought it would be a good idea to do the same for the model 607 style builds.  This could be a good sharing and learning topic to gather information for those thinking about building one of these unique rifles.

I'll start this out with my dedicated 22LR 607 style build.  Here's the specifics:

* Early Colt SP1 upper (notice how the contour line under the port door matches the contour line of the magazine well on the lower)
* NDS XM lower
* Dimpled take-down and pivot pins
* Dimpled FCG pins
* CMMG dedicated 16" LW barrel.  Sent to John Thomas for barrel work, smooth FSB, bayonet lug removed, install FSB, permanently attach faux moderator
* CMMG dedicated chrome 22LR conversion with chrome collar
* Black Dog Machine (BDM) 15 round 22LR magazines that look amazingly close to retro 20 round magazines
* 607 style handguards and rear 607 handguard cap from "jhud"
* 607 style moderator from "braceman"
* Cut-down 607/608 pistol grip from "hal143"
* Early NOS "seat-belt" sling
* 607 style adjustable buttstock assembly built by TSI and purchased "unused" from a fellow site member

As you'll see, the barrel length is slightly longer then the normal model 607.  I chose this route to forgo the NFA tax stamp issue.  The overall barrel length with the permanently attached faux moderator meets the mandatory 16.1" length.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]
607 =

John Thomas

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Very nice guys.  Id love to build one but the stock is unobtainium atm.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#3]

I'll get it done one day
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Hell Yeah, 607 Goodness.  Damn those little Carbines are drop dead gorgeous !!!!

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a lot of work, money and time. But it was well worth it ! Nodak lower and upper, engraved at Ident Marking Services, actual 1/7 Colt Chrome line barrel cutdown from 16" to 10.5 rethreaded and gas port opened up to .093, Total Silence Stock and handguard, Slip ring done by Stoner_25 alond with flash removed from front sight. BCG by Young Manufacturing with McFarland gas ring and Wolf extra strength extractor along with D-Ring seal. Mag Release and Bolt catch along with divot pins by the talented HEAT-N-BEAT. Assembled by yours truly and sighted in at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell Yeah, 607 Goodness.  Damn those little Carbines are drop dead gorgeous !!!!
View Quote

^^+1  A lot of nice 607's showing up lately
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Keeping it active.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Feel free to add your 607 pictures and various information about this model.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]
got most of my parts but i have two questions firstly who can make a slip over moderator for me? secondly has anyone gone with a mid length barrel so it "looks" right without going the NFA route? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
got most of my parts but i have two questions firstly who can make a slip over moderator for me? secondly has anyone gone with a mid length barrel so it "looks" right without going the NFA route? thanks in advance
View Quote

Heres an old pic of one I made thats mid gas 14.5 with a slip over.  Looks a lot better now and on a 80 percent (still has a 602 upper on it though) but no current pics..The flash hider was about 1/2 inch too long in this pic.

EDIT:  Heres a more current one, though I have a my65pan stock on there now, thats a faux I made.    
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can i find one of those stocks?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:07:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It was a lot of work, money and time. But it was well worth it ! Nodak lower and upper, engraved at Ident Marking Services, actual 1/7 Colt Chrome line barrel cutdown from 16" to 10.5 rethreaded and gas port opened up to .093, Total Silence Stock and handguard, Slip ring done by Stoner_25 alond with flash removed from front sight. BCG by Young Manufacturing with McFarland gas ring and Wolf extra strength extractor along with D-Ring seal. Mag Release and Bolt catch along with divot pins by the talented HEAT-N-BEAT. Assembled by yours truly and sighted in at 100 yards.<a href="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/VictorCastle/media/TU607_zps77736be3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz95/VictorCastle/TU607_zps77736be3.jpg~original</a>
View Quote

Nice job, it's inspiring.

With the gas port opened up to .093 did you change buffer weights too?
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

here's my now defunct 16 inch mid length, reverse fake comp.,bolt on stock, non NFA build from a while back.

it was as close as i could get it w/o a stamp.

it was close enough for a while, but not anymore.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top