Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 2:30:49 AM EDT
This goes to show how far we have come over the years to make the M16/AR platform reliable. This guy bought 4 different types of ammo(40,000 rounds total) and shot the guns either til they passed or failed, he has an excellent writeup with reports at a few different round intervals. Click Here to check it out Please watch the video, and it's not off topic as it has to do with just how well the design has evolved over the years and the video is good too. The Carbines aren't retro but I wanted to share this with you all.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I read that some time back.

Bushmasters aren't as bad as some like to think but steel cased ammo is, more or less.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read that some time back.

Bushmasters aren't as bad as some like to think but steel cased ammo is, more or less.
View Quote

only if you are doing mag dump after mag dump......

shooting normally reduces the net effect to almost zero between brass and steel
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
But I can reload Brass
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Amen brother
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That is about as thorough a report as you can get! Now they need to do one with Colt AR's!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is about as thorough a report as you can get! Now they need to do one with Colt AR's!
View Quote

Yes, brass is proven better, and can be affordable too.

Price is up from couple weeks ago, but still a good deal compared to others. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/819/category/53/

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top