Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2014 12:12:23 AM EDT
I like it and has a ton of good footage.  Lot of stuff I've never seen in other documentaries.  And some I have.

Lots of M16's though.  And various small arms pictured.  Doesn't seem overly liberal slanted either.  Which many are.  But I've only watched 2 episodes.

Just wanted to give a heads up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Its on youtube also for those of you without streaming amazon capability.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty good, well worth the time and told real well and the video clips and interviews with real deal people make it.  I could have done without the little lead ins by movie stars and such, but the real deal people more than made for that.

Spoiler alert:  The last little bit where the Huey flies toward the camera and it fades to black is visually stunning and made the hair stand up on the back of my head.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I enjoyed it, worth watching. They just came out with a WWI series that was one of the best I've seen. I recorded them both on my DVR.

ETA: Speaking of War shows....does anyone here think the Military Channel lost a step since they changed it to American Heroes?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw Viet Nam In real time and it wasn't enjoyable or fun been there and got the Tee shirt
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw Viet Nam In real time and it wasn't enjoyable or fun been there and got the Tee shirt
View Quote

Thank you Sir for your service!

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I appreciate your service!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I enjoyed it and will probably watch the entire thing again at some point. If you're interested in the topic at all (and I assume we are, since its retro), you'll probably like it and think it's well done. Worth your time to watch.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

My thoughts also welcome home.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

So did I, but I found the series definitely worth watching anyway. Everyone has a story to tell.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you all for serving.  It's just a way to get a glimpse into what our hero's might have had to go through.  Maybe even a glimpse isn't the right phrase.  My Grandpa died in Normandy with the 2nd ID.  A sergeant in a rifle squad and it's hard not to be interested in knowing more.  I'm not saying Vietnam movies tell the story, or any documentary on any war,  but still something I find interesting.  Very.  Hopefully that doesn't bother anybody.  I'm sorry if it does.  

I have a lot of gratitude for anybody that served.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Many thanks to you all who served and deepest condolences for those lost.

I go camping a a Nam vet and he cheerfully relates stories of good times had but he still chokes up sometimes.

He of course hasn't shared the entire story but he lost one of his buddies while in the shit.

We all have bawled right along with him.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top