Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2014 6:07:53 PM EDT
Now with HEAT!

Please buy all of them. I don't NEED more parts. I have too many floating around as it is!

I came THIS CLOSE to buying one!

All I could find on them was that they ARE .625 under the fsb and they MAY be 1/8. (An ad for a carbine built with an IO barrel said it was 1/8 twist.)

Here's a pic lifted from the interwebs.

(Right Click, View Picture In New Window to see the picture full size)

ETA HEAT!

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
1x8 twist is a perfect twist for those who wanna shoot heavier ammo. The rifle in your pic looks nice but after seeing the majority of the Kits from RTI, I know that's one of the nicer kits.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1x8 twist is a perfect twist for those who wanna shoot heavier ammo. The rifle in your pic looks nice but after seeing the majority of the Kits from RTI, I know that's one of the nicer kits.
View Quote

Yes they keep the nice kits for their complete rifle builds and sell us the leftover scraps  .
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#3]
"NO PARTS KITS SOLD TO CA"

It's because of the mags which they can keep as far as I'm concerned. I have crates of mags, normal mags, not those stupid pretend 10 rounders.

As much as I love it here I hate it here sometimes.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's because of the mags which they can keep as far as I'm concerned. I have crates of mags, normal mags, not those stupid pretend 10 rounders.

View Quote

We got better weather and no earthquakes! (OK OK We got hurricanes but you can seen them suckers coming and beat feet!)

I gotta pay RTI sales tax though. :o( That's the ONLY thing that stopped me from clicking submit!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I have heard too many bad things about RTI that have relegated them to my no buy list.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have heard too many bad things about RTI that have relegated them to my no buy list.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
For $418 shipped to my door I bought one! Comes with barrel and 4 mags!! Awesome deal!! Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For $418 shipped to my door I bought one! Comes with barrel and 4 mags!! Awesome deal!! Thanks for the heads up
View Quote

Does anyone know if the barrel has finish on it and is the FSB installed? Either way it is a tempting deal.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
FSB does not look installed and it seems like the barrel is finished and good to go. What's shipping time? When it comes in I'll post pics and info
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FSB does not look installed and it seems like the barrel is finished and good to go. What's shipping time? When it comes in I'll post pics and info
View Quote

They shipped super fast when I ordered a kit but I'm across state not across country.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Funny, their B kits were about $360 shipped last week...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Now with HEAT!

Please buy all of them. I don't NEED more parts. I have too many floating around as it is!

I came THIS CLOSE to buying one!

All I could find on them was that they ARE .625 under the fsb and they MAY be 1/8. (An ad for a carbine built with an IO barrel said it was 1/8 twist.)

Here's a pic lifted from the interwebs.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colt-retro.jpg

(Right Click, View Picture In New Window to see the picture full size)

ETA HEAT!

View Quote

this picture is so "psst, here try this,you'll like it,  i promise it's not addictive!"
Run Forrest, Run!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank The Lord the FSB isn't installed, I need some of those parts but another non colt barrel is exactly what I don't need.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

this picture is so "psst, here try this,you'll like it,  i promise it's not addictive!"
Run Forrest, Run!
View Quote

Quoted:
Thank The Lord the FSB isn't installed, I need some of those parts but another non colt barrel is exactly what I don't need.
View Quote

Too many non-Colt barrels? Just let the garbage man know if you plan on "throwing one away".
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyone know what the forge codes are on the upper?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the forge codes are on the upper?
View Quote

Here ya go Halschick.(I thought Hal belong to YOU!)

Link to the article I stole the picture from.

ETA

Might as well link the other picture too.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
The photo of the kit with barrel that was in the latest RTI email showed a complete barrel assembly. The website did not have that picture, just the same old one they have always had up. I did order a kit with barrel, but be careful it is possible to still order a regular kit without the barrel at the old price. I had to search the site a little bit to get the kit with barrel. My total was $466.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Shit like this blows my fking mind. Instead of writing off the whole state of CA how about these douche nozzles give the option of no 30 rd mags for us. Assholes
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
To come with a barrel for 449 minus 50 for a grade B is a good deal!
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Shit like this blows my fking mind. Instead of writing off the whole state of CA how about these douche nozzles give the option of no 30 rd mags for us. Assholes
View Quote

Valid Point

ETA: The Charlton Heston pics had me rolling...
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Valid Point

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Valid Point

I been meaning to put that picture together for months. HotDog's comments made me do it!

I can find NO picture on the website of the kit WITH the barrel. They don't sell the barrel separately either. I saw the picture in the email too.

Even unmounted it's not a bad buy I just REALLY don't NEED another beat 603 upper! (I need just one pretty upper with original anodizing!)
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1/media/RBRD1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/Cal30M1/RBRD1.jpg</a>

Too many non-Colt barrels? Just let the garbage man know if you plan on "throwing one away".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run Forrest, Run!

<a href="http://s39.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1/media/RBRD1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/Cal30M1/RBRD1.jpg</a>

Quoted:

I only want two 603s. I have one non colt barrel and will be in the market for a "CHROME BORE" barrel  in a few months.

Spare parts turn into builds, a type E stock is the reason the 2nd 603 is getting built.

The first one is a frankenrifle, it was pretty much done but I'm redoing it, it will look like a very late XM16E1

The 2nd one will be a 100% correct early 70's if I can ever get my lower receiver predicament solved. (And I mean 100% if this goes well.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

And some of us might say its not rti thats the problem, its the ones in cali not getting out and doing the grassroots campaigning necessary to get your stupid laws overturned.

As for the deal, i got a grade c from them and was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and condition..... This seems like a good deal to me, especially since the kits are drying up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Agreed HipShot, the more confusing thing is we can have 30 round mags and standard mag releases on a featureless rifle, but mags have to be "pre-ban" so if they could charge the same price but keep the mags, they would technically be making more money by selling to CA, assuming they sell the mags to someone else
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:16:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know its a pain but Ship it to  someone in another state  and have them reship with mags out  . If that would work I'm sure someone here would  help you out .
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like an good idea to me, especially because someone would be able to keep the Colt mags for the trouble of re-shipping it. Just glad I don't have to do that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I know its a pain but Ship it to  someone in another state  and have them reship with mags out  . If that would work I'm sure someone here would  help you out .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why I didn't think of this.I may have to talk to HipSh0t about this, maybe let him keep the mags and a chunk of change....whatcha think Hip?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

And some of us might say its not rti thats the problem, its the ones in cali not getting out and doing the grassroots campaigning necessary to get your stupid laws overturned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh no he DID'NT! Lol. Ever hear of the calguns foundation? Gunownersofca? The california rifle and pistol association?

Not to mention all the folks that post on their forums about introducing new shooters to the sport.

The local rimfire matches have doubled in size due to new shooters this year!

What are you on about? Do you know how hard it is to "overturn" a law in this state? Let alone ones dealing with assault weapons!

Sorry you just seemed really non chalant making that claim and i wanted to inform you youre wrong.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]
They got rid of $50 discount for the B grading and now they're $450
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting.

I am in MD.....no sales apparently
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Interesting.

I am in MD.....no sales apparently
View Quote

I had my last kit shipped to a friend in Va.  THey wouldn't ship it to another state because my CC had an MD address.  Had to switch that to a VA address.  No biggie, changed address for two days via the internet and changed it back.

I called them when the emailed me saying they couldn't ship it.  They said they would ship it without the mags.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#32]
IO made barrel? No thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#33]
RTI had one of the kits with pencil barrel on GB holding at $349.95 this AM with only one bid.  Apologies for no link. Pic on GB shows assembled barrel. May want to ask prior to bid.  No affilliation!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#34]
they wont' ship to nj....just take the damn mags out!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Guys, you are free to buy what you want, but I urge you to look into RTI's recent track record of screwing over their customers to make more money. After the recent economic sanctions were imposed on Russian companies, most notably arms manufactured that import to the US, RTI immediately canceled all of their sales of VEPR and other AK type weapons that they had already been paid for, and sold them for twice as much on GB.

They are morally and ethically backwards. I will personally NEVER spend a dime with them, even if they have great deals.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh no he DID'NT! Lol. Ever hear of the calguns foundation? Gunownersofca? The california rifle and pistol association?

Not to mention all the folks that post on their forums about introducing new shooters to the sport.

What are you on about? Do you know how hard it is to "overturn" a law in this state? Let alone ones dealing with assault weapons!

Sorry you just seemed really non chalant making that claim and i wanted to inform you youre wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I originally typed a response to his comment, but edited it and changed the wording towards hipshot because its not even worth responding to. Don't worry about this guys opinion. It's Californians like you and I that just got the 10 day waiting period ruled unconstitutional and just got SB 53 shot down.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Guys, you are free to buy what you want, but I urge you to look into RTI's recent track record of screwing over their customers to make more money. After the recent economic sanctions were imposed on Russian companies, most notably arms manufactured that import to the US, RTI immediately canceled all of their sales of VEPR and other AK type weapons that they had already been paid for, and sold them for twice as much on GB.

They are morally and ethically backwards. I will personally NEVER spend a dime with them, even if they have great deals.

View Quote

yeah, I heard about that.  Does anywhere else still have any of these Colt kits left?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

yeah, I heard about that.  Does anywhere else still have any of these Colt kits left?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

These aren't as cheep but i think they still have some

http://whatacountry.com/colt-m16a1-parts-kit.aspx
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I did not know the history and their practices. I bought from them three times and got better then expected results. The grade C kits were B+. I will keep the history in mind before I order from them again.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

DO tell 35mm! I couldn't find any feedback on them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#41]
So what's the story on the barrels?  FSB mounted or not?  Parked?  Good barrel or crap?

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So what's the story on the barrels?  FSB mounted or not?  Parked?  Good barrel or crap?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't order one. I bought lumber instead.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#43]
One of those RTI kits with barrel on GB right now, has buy it now of $449.95
Shows Barrel with FSB mounted. Don't know if that's the way it comes but that's
the way its shown in the auction picture.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=441698459
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I have bought three kits from RTI, two grade A's and a grade C. Quite frankly the grade C was in such good condition, I wish I would have bought all grade C's.

As for the whole VEPR debacle, they apologized, claiming it was a software glitch. They did offer to sell to sell VEPR's to those that had ordered one for the original price. So at least they tried to make it right. As for me, the kits they were selling were in better condition than the grading would lead you to believe. The shipping was reasonable and they arrived from Florida to Nevada in about seven days total from when I placed the order.

I've got no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I don't know how IO is building rifles, but I know that when Century made theirs they used roll pins to hold on the FSB instead of taper pins. I hope IO did not do that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#46]
I got the email from Royal Tiger today listing the parts kit plus barrel.  I emailed them because I already got a parts kit, but have been looking for just the barrel.  RTI is selling barrel only via telephone order for $130.  I don't know if that's including shipping, but I doubt it.

I'll call tomorrow to get specs on barrel: twist rate, chrome lined or not, FSB or not, etc.  If anyone has specific questions, send me an IM and I'll reply tomorrow with the answers.  And if I ordered a barrel or not.  If it's not chrome lined, I'm going to pass on it and keep looking.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe they are the company that got cheap surplus 5.45 banned by importing 5.45 pistols too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Barrels from RTI:
Twist:1-9
Nitrided, not chrome lined
No FSB
No Flashhider
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top